PGAD - persistent genital arousal disorder

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN

Re: PGAD - persistent genital arousal disorder

Postby coz69x » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:37 pm

Hi everyone,

I posted here before as I have been suffering this for nearly a year now. I have had periods where I felt I was cured of pgad. I am having an awful flare at the moment, my pgad has been caused by a chronic uti irritating the nerves in my pelvis. For me 600mg of lyrica and 50mg amitriptyline has been saving me but now I worry if they aren't working now, what other are the best options for this. I am only 21 and am scared but almost use to the fact this is my life now, it's still however making me quite upset.. x
coz69x

Postby Violet M » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:10 am

Hi Cos,

Just wondering if your chronic UTI was diagnosed based on symptoms alone or did they do a culture that actually found bacteria in the urine sample. The reason I ask is that PN can be similar to the symptoms of UTI, even if you don't have an actual infection.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Violet M

Postby coz69x » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:09 pm

Hi violet,

In the UK a very well respected urologist professor has proved that dipstick tests and cultures can miss up to 50% of utis because they get hidden under biofilm, I went to Harley street London & he diagnosed my urine through a microscope and found a raging infection. He is now seeing patients on the NHS. I have been on antibiotics for a few months now and all my PN pain has gone, and the burning is less and less, it's just my pgad which flares but there are many women being treated by the prof who are connected through a group on facebook, and 10 different women have reported in pgad feelings going within 2 years of treatment. It's new up coming research and treatment, so some are sceptical but I honestly believe a lot of pelvic pain starts in the bladder, many women believe they have IC however more and more research shows that an infection could of been missed if tests are inadequate xx
coz69x

Postby Violet M » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:10 am

Thanks for that info, Coz. What kind of antibiotic are you taking and how long will you need to take it for?

I hope you will be cured soon. :)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Violet M

Postby Juliette1313 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:37 pm

Hi Coz,

For how long have you had pgad? If you had it for years does that mean you had an infection for years? Is this even possible?
What is the name of the urologist and the name of the group? I didn't know there was another facebook group where women had pgad (other than the secret group called pgad support)

xxx juliette
Juliette1313

Previous

Return to CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA