Pain in the evening increasing, am I the only one?

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
goldmund

Pain in the evening increasing, am I the only one?

Post by goldmund »

Happy new year to everybody.

I'm still not fully convinced that I suffer from PN.

What I know for sure is that my pain increases significantly after 5PM. Have you experienced something like that?
I don't understand exactly why but, even avoiding sitting at 5PM pain increases.
Am I the only one?
April

Re: Pain in the evening increasing, am I the only one?

Post by April »

Hi Goldmund,

Is it a gradual increase in pain throughout the day? If so, that's consistent with what most pn patients experience, I think. I don't think I've ever heard a doctor explain why this is so, but I've always assumed that the stillness of sleeping reduces the pain, and the movement of our bodies throughout the day increases it. So, by the end of the day, we're at the highest pain point. I'm pretty sure that leg and pelvic movement (more generally) increases my pain, so that pattern makes a lot of sense for me. Have you noticed a connection between movement and pain?

April
April

Post by April »

Hi Goldmund,

I realized after I posted this the other day that I didn't describe the difference between sleeping and daytime correctly. The big difference (for me, at least) is that when I'm sleeping I'm lying down at night (which significantly reduces my symptoms) and when I'm not I'm usually upright. The stillness of sleeping helps, but I think it's the position more than the stillness that creates the reduction in symptoms in the morning. I think you also asked about exercise in another post. The only exercises that do not creates flares for are gentle swimming and arm weights while lying down, because both put me in a lateral position. So, for me (and I think some others) walking can create a flare.

April
goldmund

Post by goldmund »

Thanks
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Evenings were the worst for me too. I agree with April that it's pretty common with PN/PNE patients to feel worse later in the day.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”