Sayer clinic-Dr Durtnall :D

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
enough_with_the_pain

Sayer clinic-Dr Durtnall :D

Post by enough_with_the_pain »

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to share my experience of finally having my problem being taken care of. It took a few months before the gynaecologist diagnosed my pudendal neuralgia. I went to the GUM clinic 5 times with stabbing pain that felt like a Chinese burn in my vagina and was always sent back with thrush treatment. I also went to two urologists, one of whom diagnosed my chronic cystitis (i.e. something that cannot really be cured). When I finally got the pudendal neuralgia diagnosis I was told simply to wait. So i waited several months with no improvement whatsoever. In the meantime I had gotten a referral from the GP to see a physiotherapist with the NHS. It took 6 months to have an appointment, just to hear someone say that a lot of it was in my head, that I was too connected and that I should do little massages whilst thinking of "positive things"..

Exhausted, I finally decided to go see Dr Durtnall at Sayer clinic. I was a bit reluctant at first because everyone had basically told me that there was nothing wrong with me and the treatment is very expensive. Well, there's nothing I'd rather spend money on. I was finally given hope and, more simply, an explanation of what was going on down there. It was explained to me how the coccyx and my posture play a key role in my condition. I've been going for two months now and I see tangible improvements. I've had and still have ups and downs. Improvement is never linear, so I have great weeks and then feel like I've reverted backwards a little. However, I am improving a lot and I can finally believe that soon I'll be completely pain free, able to have sex and not think about the state of my vagina every five minutes!

I hope this is useful to other women who are experiencing a similar ordeal :)

V.
enough_with_the_pain

Re: Sayer clinic-Dr Durtnall :D

Post by enough_with_the_pain »

Hello again,

As a follow up a few months later, my condition has definitely improved. There are times when for many consecutive days I feel completely normal. The massages have helped stretch and relax the area and I'm back to a semi-normal sexual life. I realised that I was exaggerating with the massages I would do on my own and that some activities, such as stretching my hips in yoga, make things worse.

V.

Return to “UK & IRELAND”