Sayer Clinics London - Highly Recommended

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
iainsalter1989

Sayer Clinics London - Highly Recommended

Post by iainsalter1989 »

Hello everyone,

I like many others have suffered with a chronic back injury for many years. I am currently 28 years old and the injury was caused by excessive exercise and weightlifting when I was at university aged 20. I will give a brief outline of my story.

I suffered with pain in my left side of my lower back which came on in a gradual fashion then culminated in an acute onset of pain and altered sensation in the pelvic area of my body. The pain was consistently getting worse throughout the day especially when seated. I would also get symptoms of altered sensation in the genitals and when i first had the problem this was extremely concerning. I spent a long long time going through the NHS and the doctors tried many things to identify the problem such as MRI scan, examinations and a technique that was used to test the conductivity of my nerve pathways. It was found that my nerve pathways were intact but there was "vascular irritation" in the pelvic area.

To cut a very long story short, I had consistent pain and it stopped me from doing exercise which is something that is very important to me in life.Unfortunately, Non of the doctors I saw had any suggestions of how to actually improve the problem.

After doing some reading online I decided to give Sayer Clinics a go. I read about Michael Durtnall and i decided to go for it.

I will say that the treatment was fantastic based on a few things

1) My pain is now around a 1 or 2 out of 10 versus around a 7 out of 10 when i first went.
2) Michael is very good at what he does. I say this because as a patient you can feel that that chiropractic adjustments and flowing smoothly. When i was out of the country on business I went to other practitioners and I can tell you from experience it is worth it to go to the best. He is also very friendly and nice to chat to. I travel 2.5 hours each way on a train for an appointment and i don't mind at all.
3) This was combined with physiotherapy that was again the best i have had. I say this because again I have been to other practitioners. The main things that set them apart are how fast the practitioners at Sayer clinic understand the problem that i had. They understood where the problem was very fast and the pain was consistently lower after i had the sessions and did the exercises at home.
4) All of the service around the clinic is great such as booking and the location of the clinics.

If anyone as any questions fire away. I would like to give something back to sayer clinics however I can because I can now go out to my exercise classes, hiking etc.

Cheers,

Iain
iainsalter1989

Re: Sayer Clinics London - Highly Recommended

Post by iainsalter1989 »

Hi all.

Small update. I had another visit to London yesterday and did a session with Dr Durtnall and then physiotherapy with Marta. Session with Michael was great as always. Not sure what else to say other than it just works. My pain is mostly gone and now we are working towards a goal of improving the sensory issues I have due to the tension in my pelvic muscles and pelvic floor. Not only that but I am going to gym classes 3 times a week which a few years ago would have left me in constant back pain.

I did a physio therapy session with Marta yesterday, who I will now be working with due to it being most appropriate for me with the train times. This person is very very good at the profession in my opinion and i would highly recommend.

The reason I am recommending this service so much is that i have had an active role in trying to solve this problem for 8 years now and the crucial differences are as follows:

1) Every aspect of the customer service, booking and non therapy part of this service has been outstanding.
2) This is the only service that has directly improved my symptoms after 8 years of visiting doctors on the NHS and private doctors (neurologists, physios, spinal experts)
3) Every professional I have interacted with at this service has provided detailed explanation of what is causing my symptoms and continued description of what they are doing to attempt to improve my situation. Virtually everyone else I have seen has been very vague or frankly not known what was causing my symptoms.

I'm going to keep going to the sessions and update in future.

cheers
iainsalter1989

Post by iainsalter1989 »

Hey, it’s been a while since I posted an update.

I am still living with significantly less if not almost non existent pain following working with dr durtnall and his team.
I am actually going back for a treatment this month to keep things in check. I think often seeing a lack of posting on the forum can be a good sign and this is one of those cases. My quality of life has been significantly improved and I continue to recommend this service.

If anyone wants more info feel free to send me a message

Cheers

Iain
Burningvag88

Post by Burningvag88 »

Hi Iain.
So glad to hear you have had such improvements by visiting dr durtnall...I am due to see him in just over a week so reading your review has given me even more hope...quick question....how many appointments how often did u need and how much to you go now?? I only ask because I am a single mum of two boys and I am using savings to go and see him and would like to know how much it costs on average....I hope it will be well worth it though because I have read such amazing things....I had a ganglion impar block on Monday and I cant say i am any better for it maybe even worse off so i think dr durtnall is my last resort...I am so happy it worked for you living with this is one of the most vile things I've ever had to endure and I would happily give birth every month for the rest of my life than have this lol dramatic but true. Kind regards.
Clare.

Return to “UK & IRELAND”