Botox of Obturator Internus - question

Botox options, which Doctors use this form of treatment and techniques offered.
Patty

Re: Botox of Obturator Internus - question

Post by Patty »

Jax I don't go back for follow up. Time and $$ not well spent. I emailed the urogynecologist who recommended Stem cell but not covered by insurance ( nor was the Botox 1200.00 wasted). The GI doc who gave me one round of Botox said if it did not work he would give me double the dose. I declined. The lower dose caused me to be incontinent of stool for several weeks. If it helped my pain I could deal with this but it did nothing. Please know you are not alone in your pain.
winged_cent

Post by winged_cent »

Rc, Fritz told you a week? If I recall correctly, he told me 2-3 weeks for maximum effect. Hope that you feel some positive effects soon.
April

Post by April »

So sorry it does not appear to be working, RC. Thanks for the report.

April
Pleasehelpmegod

Post by Pleasehelpmegod »

Violet M wrote:I didn't try Botox but I wanted to respond to what you said about having a flare-up after the OI was worked on. I also had a flare-up after the PT worked on my OI muscle. I asked my gyn about trying Botox and she said it is just a temporary fix and discouraged me from trying it. But if it were to provide several months of pain relief I think it would be worth it.

Violet
When you had pne did you have numbness in your genital areas?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Mostly pain with a little bit of numbness at times.

Violet M
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “BOTOX”