Drg failure

Read about the latest Technology, which Doctors are performing this technique and the advantages and disadvantages of this cutting edge pain management therapy.
Grammy

Drg failure

Post by Grammy »

My drg trail at the Newton Wellesley Clinic was brutal. No sedation other than a Valium tablet. Horrific ordeal. One lead slipped out of place so I was left with one at L 1 and two at S 2. It did help the burning sensation but did nothing for the feeling of foreign object and pressure. I was devastated beyond words. I would like to do this again lower at the sacral nerves. A lady I know had the implant at L1–S2 but continues to have rectal pain. Does anyone know if interstim and a sacral nerve stim are one and the same? I was offered a three day hospital stay for a pain pump but I want to be sure a better placement might help.
Patty

Re: Drg failure

Post by Patty »

What did Dr Bareveld have to say?? So sorry to read this.
April

Post by April »

I'm so sorry, Grammy. I have heard of many successes with the stimulators, and they don't have to be put on the drg, either. They can go on the spine or the pudendal nerve itself (though I only know of one doctor who is putting them on the nerve itself). So, I think there are a lot of options.

April
Grammy

Post by Grammy »

Is interstim the same device as a sacral nerve stimulator. I would love to try the drg again at s 2 & 3. That is where
Kits were placed. Another lady had the implant at L 2 & 3 but Is having issues with it not covering rectal issues. Anyone know of a great Dr who does sns stim in NH or Mass?
Bathsheba

Post by Bathsheba »

Like Grammy, I had a brutal DRG trial implant, but it made things worse. Thankfully once it was out it felt better. But trial was a total failure.

I have no idea where and how many leads were placed. My new pain management doctor is trying to get my records to see what was done, but I dread going through that torture without any assurance it will give me enough relief to justify the pain and inconvenience.
Botched blowing up of bladder July/2011
Was on Lyrica 800+ Mg./day for over 2 years
Bad fall due to Lyrica dizziness, seizure
Due to low blood sugar, side effect of Lyrica
Now on gabapentin, OxyContin, tramadol
Looking for pain pump, has to be local
Ray P.

Post by Ray P. »

Hi
I just went and saw Jason Pope MD in Santa Rosa CA, and he wants to a DRG on me for my PNE and feet. So far I only see Kit had any success. I have emailed him many times with no response.
I would like any feedback positive or negative on this procedure.

Thanks, Ray
April

Post by April »

Hi Ray,

I have heard of a couple of other successes on facebook sites for pn patients. My sense from reading about Kit and those other people is that it's worth a try. Does this doctor have experience doing this for pn pain?

April

Return to “NEUROSTIMULATION”