So I went to the famous Sayer Clinics in London

List of Physiotherapists Worldwide; Techniques & Education to educate Physio's who are not PN aware, etc
mary jane

So I went to the famous Sayer Clinics in London

Post by mary jane »

I went to the Kensington one last week. My physio was a lovely polish girl, very knowledgeable. I have found I have no internal tension (vaginal) but tons of tension in inner thighs and sacrum area, plus right side oblique (excrutiating when pressed). It was very expensive (£ 95 for assessment) but it didn't cause a flare up despite all the checking-up. I will report back with updates in August. She gave a nice advice on desensitzation : find a painful spot on my vulva and hold for a few minutes until pain dissipates.
I am seeing Dr Baranowski soon (phew, my poor bank account) so maybe I am lucky and get good treatment, who knows ....
tiny bartholin infection triggered vulvar nerve pain.
Diagnosed vulvodynia Sept '13 (no burning but electric shocks, paresthesia, aching, buzzing)
Feb 14- Taking 50 mg Ami/Elavil
May 14-pain free with 50 mg Amitriptyline and 300 mg Pregabalin. Back to normal
Dec 15- weaned off all medication, pain free, wearing skinny jeans
April 17- pain returned, Amitriptyline 50 mg. Something doesn't make sense in my diagnosis.
Currently treating depression and anxiety
April

Re: So I went to the famous Sayer Clinics in London

Post by April »

Thanks for the report on this, Mary Jane. I'm glad you had a good experience (despite the expense). Keep us posted.

April
mary jane

Re: So I went to the famous Sayer Clinics in London

Post by mary jane »

Sorry everyone, forgot to update this thread

I went to see Karolina at this clinic as Michael D. was too expensive. she is fab! It only took 6 sessions to see full resolutions of symptoms. Unfortunately, I have since reduced my lyrica by 100 mg and have some symptoms back so will return once I can afford it. But it does work and it's not overhyped :)
She discovered severe issues with my right PSOAS and glutes and some other muscles, I forgot what they are called. :D :D
tiny bartholin infection triggered vulvar nerve pain.
Diagnosed vulvodynia Sept '13 (no burning but electric shocks, paresthesia, aching, buzzing)
Feb 14- Taking 50 mg Ami/Elavil
May 14-pain free with 50 mg Amitriptyline and 300 mg Pregabalin. Back to normal
Dec 15- weaned off all medication, pain free, wearing skinny jeans
April 17- pain returned, Amitriptyline 50 mg. Something doesn't make sense in my diagnosis.
Currently treating depression and anxiety

Return to “PHYSIOTHERAPY”