Need help. Some direction appreciated

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
Kimchee

Need help. Some direction appreciated

Post by Kimchee »

Hi Guys,

I have had a year of ups and downs. In the past year I’ve managed to work with a therapist and alleviate a lot of my pelvic pain. This therapist had me in the gym and I thought I was doing well until I had this lingering inner buttock a pain and he tried to address it by having me do with deep lunges and single leg bridges to activate the deep glutes. Within a week I started having horrible foot pain and didn’t connect the two. I had an EMG done but nothing came out as positive from it. I had a foot surgeon recommend cutting the tendons in my feet to alleviate my calf and foot pain! Can sciatica show up negative on an EMG ? I can’t help but think the Glute pain I am experiencing and foot pain are connected. I also have a grade 2 Obturator internus tear. Could I be looking at Piriformis issues? Where do I go from here?!?! Feet hurt so bad I cannot wear shoes or walk far! Extreme pain. I’m near Seattle and thought of Jason Attaman but my insurance won’t cover him. Is he worth the cost? Anyone please help!
Violet M

Re: Need help. Some direction appreciated

Post by Violet M »

Lunges could definitely be a problem. It is one of the exercises that caused me to get PNE. I also had piriformis pain which is deep glute pain. It caused sciatica and numbness in my feet but I wouldn't say my feet were painful. I'm not sure if it would show up on an EMG. It might depend on whether the piriformis muscle was tested on the EMG. Make sure you are wearing comfortable shoes and gel inserts, like Dr. Scholls.

Dr. Attaman is very knowledgeable and proactive. I don't know his success rates with treating patients but he is committed to helping. He recently expanded the treatment options he has made available to patients but I haven't had time to add it to the list of doctors yet. Unfortunately, if insurance doesn't pay for it that really puts you in a tough place. Here is the update:

Dr. Jason G. Attaman, DO, FAAPMR
Dr. Jason Attaman is a doctor of osteopathy in Bellevue, WA. Dr. Attaman is board certified and Anesthesiology-fellowship trained in the medical subspecialty of Pain Medicine and Interventional Pain Management. He is also residency trained and board certified in the specialty of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. He is one of only a few with such extensive qualifications in the state of Washington. He evaluates the musculoskeletal system, muscle imbalances, spasticity, and very closely interacts with and directs physical therapists. He performs image guided pudendal nerve blocks, botox injections, pulsed radiofrequency treatment of the pudendal nerve, platelet lysate hydrodissection of the pudendal nerve, platelet rich plasma treatment of the sacrotuberous and sacrospinous ligaments, cryoablation of the pudendal nerve using the EpiMed PainBlocker system, pulsed radiofrequency treatment of the S2-S4 dorsal root ganglia, Spinal Cord Stimulation (SCS) at the conus medullaris, dorsal root ganglion stimulation with the Abbott DRG system, nerve root stimulation at S2-S4, ganglion impar blocks, superior and inferior hypogastric plexus blocks, obturator internus blocks and botox, S2-S4 transforaminal epidural steroid injections, caudal epidural steroid injections, dorsal penile nerve blocks, and clitoral nerve blocks. He treats all forms of chronic pain but has a special interest in pudendal neuralgia.
All of his procedures are image guided with ultrasound or x-ray. To ensure safety and efficacy, pudendal nerve blocks are done trans-gluteally, which means the needle is placed on the outer buttock and driven under image guidance to the pudendal nerve deep in the pelvis.
Tel: 206-395-4422 or 425-247-3359
Scheduling e-mail: nopain@algosdoc.com
Independent Practice Proud!
Jason G. Attaman, DO, FAAPMR
Interventional Pain Management
Interventional Orthopaedics
ACGME fellowship trained and ABMS board certified, Pain Medicine
ACGME residency trained and ABMS board certified, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Fellow, AAPM&R
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Kimchee

Post by Kimchee »

Thanks Violet,

I ended up going to Jason Attaman and having PRP injection on my Sacrotuberous ligament, OI, and Piriformis two days ago. I will let you know how it turns out. The cost was substantial so I hope it works. Do you know of anyone who had success with PRP For pelvic laxity?
Thanks!
Kim
ilovemocha

Post by ilovemocha »

Kimchee wrote:Thanks Violet,

I ended up going to Jason Attaman and having PRP injection on my Sacrotuberous ligament, OI, and Piriformis two days ago. I will let you know how it turns out. The cost was substantial so I hope it works. Do you know of anyone who had success with PRP For pelvic laxity?
Thanks!
Kim

Hi Kim,

I tried private messaging you but I'm not sure if it worked (I'm new to the forum). I am considering getting PRP with Dr. Attaman for my pudendal neuralgia, and I see that you recently did the same. How did it go? I am a bit worried because he has mixed reviews online. Did you feel like he knew what he was doing? Did your symptoms get any worse afterwards?

Thank you!
Germ99

Post by Germ99 »

He has very mixed reviews and it appears he abandons patients who don't respond to his procedures. Some people are incurable but nothing on his website indicates that. I really wonder about his morals.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

For pelvic laxity, I would be more inclined to try prolotherapy than PRP. I had several prolotherapy injections into lax ligaments and it helped. In order to get insurance to pay for them my doctor put a very small amount of steroid in them -- not much because you actually want inflammation to set up so that the body will try to heal it. Insurance doesn't cover prolotherapy -- just steroid injections, but you don't want the steroid to suppress the inflammation.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”