Michael Durtnall and Sayer Clinic - 5 year recovery

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
Marwa B

Michael Durtnall and Sayer Clinic - 5 year recovery

Post by Marwa B »

Hi All,

I have been posting PN recovery updates every few years after my treatment with Michael Durtnall at Sayer Clinics in 2016.

Some of the stories here are heartbreaking, and I recognise the pain and hopelessness that comes with this condition all too well.
PN makes you feel like you'll never be normal again, like you'll always be a diminutive, dulled version of yourself.
I'd like someone to read this and have hope that recovery is possible.

My last post was in 2019, I was still on a high from returning to normality.
The sharp and sudden darts of pain that would shoot into my pelvis when walking or sitting, and trigger a sick feeling of dread in my stomach had dissipated. My PN meant I had real problems using the bathroom, not because of the pain, but because the nerves weren't firing properly down there and I would never feel done. This was one of the worst symptoms for me, so much so, that I still feel a superstitious tension about my next sentence, but it had completely gone.

My condition was especially complex - the structural issues in my pelvis and coccyx that were cutting off my pudendal nerve, where having knock on effects further up the spine, due to my postural compensation and my generally being wonky. Migraines, occipital neuralgia and cervical radiculopathy emanating from my C6, C7 and C8 nerve roots, giving me a constantly tense and very painful shoulder and right hand. All these secondary symptoms where becoming faint memories too.

Since then, two years on, I have had only two real flair ups. One which resolved itself with some rest and stretches, the second I went back to the clinic to treat.
The second was work/stress related, I will always be vulnerable to pain and will always need to take extra care with spine and pelvis.
That being said, these flair ups barely register on the richter scale compared to what I know is possible with this condition, and I mainly took rest or treatment out of caution.

As ever the treatment with Michael was excellent - the amount of detail he remembers about his patients is remarkable.
I had some tension around the coccyx and pudendal nerve which he managed to resolve immediately and I was feeling like myself again the next day.

I had tried a ludicrous amount of treatments and seen an absurd amount of doctors, but nothing and no one could really help.
I urge anyone with PN to try this treatment. And I cannot recommend Dr. Durtnall highly enough.

I wish you all a pain-free week,
Marwa

Return to “UK & IRELAND”