Unsure about the diagnosis

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
c0lorfulumbrella

Unsure about the diagnosis

Post by c0lorfulumbrella »

Hello everyone, 25M here,

I have been having a weird numbness-like feeling in my saddle area (especially around anus) since a few days which prompted me to go to a doctor and have an EMG (both legs/feet) out of the fear of possible cauda equina syndrome (I have some slight issues with a few of my discs). But after hearing that EMG results have been normal and seeing my MRIs (C, T, L, which I had taken for another issue) the doctor outright diagnosed me with PN, and prescribed me Gabapentin. But at the same time the neurologist doing the EMG basically dismissed the idea of any issues and told me there is no need to take the Gabapentin. And now I am baffled what to do, and tired of tests/doctor visits (the EMG was a real torture considering I have needle phobia).

Besides that weird feeling, I rarely have any pain in my pelvic area (except perhaps for some very occasional shooting pain which lasts a couple of seconds, mostly on genitals and lower stomach) and the feeling does not necessarily get better with lying/standing. And this makes me kinda unsure about the diagnosis. Although it might be worth mentioning that I used to cycling/horse riding some 6/7 years ago, and I do sit a lot. So yeah... Any suggestions etc would be welcome.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”