Help long haul covid

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
oldcarguy

Help long haul covid

Post by oldcarguy »

I am really lost right now sitting in hospital with viral pneumonia from covid.
Been advised to use ivermectin from another guy who successfully beat it but he of course didn’t have pudendal issues.
Does anyone know any resources anywhere on where to go from here?
Violet M

Re: Help long haul covid

Post by Violet M »

I'm sorry to hear you have Covid as well as PN. That is a double burden to bear.

I think that with Covid, just as with PN, no one has all the perfect answers. I can't give you medical advice on covid but I can say that I have some family members who used ivermectin successfully with no ill side effects, but I don't know if anyone could prove whether that's what made them better or not. My understanding is that oral steroids are often used in conjunction with ivermectin.

I also know of people who used monoclonal antibodies successfully and had dramatic improvement. But I don't know if you can get them anymore. I guess you have to decide whether to go with traditional medical treatments which don't seem to have a very good track record, or whether to leave no stone unturned and try anything that might possibly help. It's a tough decision, especially when you are very ill and don't feel up to making decisions or advocating for yourself. I will say some prayers for you and wish you healing.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
oldcarguy

Post by oldcarguy »

Violet thank you for the reply. I’ve heard good things as well about ivermectin, was just concerned about compatibility with the gabapentin and amytriptyline I use for the pm.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Sorry, I don't know about the compatibility but your pharmacist should be able to answer that. Hope you are doing better.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”