sciatica numbness or pudendal?

Hysterectomy, Ovary Removal, SIJD, Piriformis Syndrome etc
branbud

sciatica numbness or pudendal?

Post by branbud »

I posted back in april about this, but have not received any replies. I thought I would post again to refresh the question if I may. I have pudendal neuralgia since 2011. Occasional blocks and elavil help it...as long as I don't wear fitted jeans for full days at a time. Sex can sometimes still sting. My question is if pudendal neuralgia can cause what presents as sciatica. I get a tighness, jelloy feeling in my right hamstring. My foot and ankle area can also feel like it is sandy and cold but it is not. My left leg can get that tingly cold feeling as well into my foot and sometimes my lower back. I have had an epidural steroid injection and it fixes the left leg and lower back for awhile. It does not fix my right leg however. Could the pudendal nerve be causing the right leg? I have consdered getting a pudendal block to see if it would help the leg.
branbud

Violet M

Re: sciatica numbness or pudendal?

Post by Violet M »

You could consider whether you have something called piriformis syndrome in which the piriformis muscle is in spasm and pressing on the sciatic nerve. I have that problem as well as pudendal neuralgia and it causes different symptoms including gluteal, leg, and foot symptoms. Or you could have your SI joint evaluated by a PT for hyper or hypo mobility. SI joint dysfunction can cause lower back problems.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “ASSOCIATED DISORDERS”