Ketamine treatment

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
Hexxler

Re: Ketamine treatment

Post by Hexxler »

Great post
sadie

Post by sadie »

I know no one has posted since 2020 or so about ketimine but I thought i'd throw in my 2 cents now that it is 2023 . I had several days of ketimine Infusions for a when I was in the hospital for PN surgery, it was horrible and when I left the hospital I still was seen flashes of light and hallucinations behind my eyelids when they shut. When I called the doctor to tell him what was happening? He said I thought this would have passed by now. Which scared me to death, but eventually it did pass. It was the worst experience. It did not help me with anything.
2007-2010 anitriptyline for PN, 2010 it caused severe dystonia
2010 PNB w steroids caused severe PGAD
11-2010 St Josephs NH. , ketamine drip, meds etc to stop nerve from firing, nothing worked
11-2010 - 3-2011 Elliott Hosp. Pain Manag. Center , 16 PNB w/ lidocane did not work
3-2011 bilateral TG surg., w/ Dr. Conway
12-2011 3TMRI, Dr. Potter, rt side nerve re-entrapped w/ scar tissue
3-2013 rt side re-do surgery w/ Dr. Hibner for PGAD
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

Did you see any improvement after your redo surgery? What are you currently taking for pain?
April

Post by April »

Thanks for the info on the ketamine, Sadie. That sounds awful.

April
onlysams

Post by onlysams »

I am not a medical expert, but have you tried maybe to make a stress management? Stress is a big trigger for PNE, so it might help you in the long term. Seeking professional help for your mental health can also improve your condition.

When I had chronic panic attacks, my main trigger was stress. So I went to this psychiatrist in NYC who helped me to overcome this situation. He made me a stress management plan, and we had a few therapies that helped me find calmness in my daily routine.

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”