Acceptance

Accupuncture, Reiki, Cognitive Behavourial Therapy, Prolotheraphy, Radio Frequency, Hypnotherapy, Osteopathy and many more.
jon

Acceptance

Post by jon »

Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today...
AA Big Book

After 2+ years of desperately looking for a cure for my testicular pain, all my doctors were telling me the same thing. I'd had nine surgeries and countless procedures, trying to get my life back.

I was just creating more and more scar tissue and was going to cause more problems later on.

The pain ended my career and shattered my family. That was easy for THEM to say.

Reluctantly, to say the VERY least, I started working on Acceptance. It sucked. But it was all I had.

Years later, fortunately, I haven't gotten worse. I have to be grateful for that. Truly.

I'm writing this to myself, as much as anyone else who is also going through a difficult time.

If I'm not thankful for what I do have, I start thinking about what I've lost. I know that rabbit hole all too well.

Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today.
Left testicle pain since 2008. Left sciatica 2010-2012. Failed left epididectomy, orchiectomy, botox injections, nerve blocks and internal physical therapy. Genital branch of genitofemoral and perineal branch of pudendal nerve cut. L5-S1 microdiscectomy cured sciatica. Dorsal Root Ganglion nerve stimulator failed to help and was removed. I have had 4 pudendal nerve blocks, two from Dr. Poree worked for 2 hrs. The ONLY break from pain ever.
Violet M

Re: Acceptance

Post by Violet M »

Well said, Jon.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Satprem

Post by Satprem »

Hello Jon,

I sincerely thank you for your contribution. From a Buddhist perspective, absolute acceptance and appreciation as well as deep gratitude are the only existential answer; everything, absolutely everything, is life, and it is not to be taken for granted, but as a grace, a gift.

I wish you all the best from the bottom of my heart.
April

Post by April »

Thanks, Jon. That is, as Violet said, well said.

April
onlysams

Post by onlysams »

Acceptance isn't always easy, especially when things seem stacked against us, but finding gratitude in the midst of struggle can make a huge difference.

Return to “OTHER THERAPIES”