Antibiotic use triggered Pudendal Neuralgia?

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Violet M

Re: Antibiotic use triggered Pudendal Neuralgia?

Post by Violet M »

You may want to pursue more diagnostics to rule out any underlying problem that might have been triggered when you took the antibiotic, or whatever you were taking the antibiotic for. Typically, when you have burning pain, it is suggestive of something neurological and your physician will agree to ordering an MRI to rule out anything obvious in the spine that could be causing it. So that might be one place to start. You may also want to have an evaluation by a pelvic floor PT to see if there is anything musculoskeletal contributing to the pain. They can evaluate your pelvic floor and press on the pudendal nerve via the rectum to see if the nerve is tender or if there is pelvic floor tension. For me it was a PT who figured out the correct diagnosis.

In the meantime, while you are going through this, you can try pain relieving measures and lifestyle changes temporarily. Avoiding activities that flare up the pain for a bit could help. If you exercise heavily, you could scale back and give things a rest. There are medications to relieve burning pain, although I am sure you are shy of medications after what seems to have started this problem for you. But medications made a big difference to me in helping me get through the worst of this journey. Some suggestions for meds that help people with PN are at the following link: https://www.pudendalhope.info/medication-management/

You can check out more ideas for diagnostics and treatments from our homepage at https://www.pudendalhope.info/.

All the best,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”