How much did your pudendal nerve decompression surgery cost?

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
jon

How much did your pudendal nerve decompression surgery cost?

Post by jon »

I'm having difficulty getting doctors to quote what the out of pocket cost would be for decompression surgery. Not even a ballpark quote.

Dr. Stanley Antolak has been really helpful, but he just retired and moved. He recommended Dr. Conway. But there's a YouTube interview of him saying that his success rate is 50% and that he's never seen a 100% cure from him doing the surgery.

Nantes responded to me at first, but now I can't get a response - after sending them my entire history.

Dr. Bolles in Belgium actually gave me a firm quote. It was under $10,000. That's 50% less than I had to pay Dellon just to cut my Perineal Branch. He messes my up by putzing with my dorsal branch for no reason.

If you have had decompression surgery, who did it, when and where, and what was the cost? Did they quote the entire cost in advance? If so, how did you get them to do that?

There's typically facility and anesthesiologist charges, on top of what the surgeon charges.

Which approach was used, and how did it turn out?
Left testicle pain since 2008. Left sciatica 2010-2012. Failed left epididectomy, orchiectomy, botox injections, nerve blocks and internal physical therapy. Genital branch of genitofemoral and perineal branch of pudendal nerve cut. L5-S1 microdiscectomy cured sciatica. Dorsal Root Ganglion nerve stimulator failed to help and was removed. I have had 4 pudendal nerve blocks, two from Dr. Poree worked for 2 hrs. The ONLY break from pain ever.
April

Re: How much did your pudendal nerve decompression surgery cost?

Post by April »

Hi Jon,

That is frustrating! As I mentioned in our pms, my insurance covered it all because I had already hit my maximum out-of-pocket that year, so I don't what my costs would have been. Is your insurance covering some of it?

April
Violet M

Re: How much did your pudendal nerve decompression surgery cost?

Post by Violet M »

Hi Jon,

I had surgery from Bautrant in France in2004 for $6000 euros but that was almost 20 years ago so I'm sure it's changed by now. He quoted the cost in advance. But generally I have heard Europe is cheaper than the US.

I didn't realize Antolak had retired recently. I thought he retired many years ago. Did he come out of retirement for awhile and now he's retiring again?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “SURGERY”