Seat for car

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
jaxi123

Seat for car

Post by jaxi123 »

I’m desperately still searching for a Cushion to use in the car for rectal/ tailbone pain. If anyone has found one, please let me know.
Beatriz

Re: Seat for car

Post by Beatriz »

I have been using horseshoe cushions for a long time, which are what people with hemorrhoids and tailbone problems use. Here in Spain are selled in orthopedic supply stores.
I recently found a line from the Roho brand that is very appropriate for pudendal neuralgia.

The name is Roho Hybrid Select. It allows me to sit without pain.
https://bit.ly/32GQCvG
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

Jaxi,

I use the Twin Cheeks by Cushion Your Assets in extra firm in the car. It helps some but driving or even riding in the car still increases pain for me.

Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
cwb125

Post by cwb125 »

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0725 ... UTF8&psc=1

Someone recommended this product on this website, so I bought it for sitting at work and driving as well. Although not totally for the car, I cannot recommend it enough.
Last edited by cwb125 on Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

The link you posted doesn’t seem to work
cwb125

Post by cwb125 »

Sorry. Is this any better?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0725 ... UTF8&psc=1

If not, here is the title: "Kabooti Donut Seat Cushion, 3-in-1 Design with Center Cutout for Tailbone Pain, Sciatica and Hemorrhoids"
Lisa_

Post by Lisa_ »

Hello

I wondered if anyone has worked with an occupational therapist (or another type of therapist) who has been able to assist providing accurate measurements to have either a custom made cushion to be able to do things like sit and drive?

Reason I ask is because i wouldn't know what measurements to provide to a roho company to have a custom made roho cushion.

Thank you
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

Lisa,

Maybe a pelvic PT could help you? Mine offered to help with a custom cushion a few years ago but I didn’t have one made.

Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
Lisa_

Post by Lisa_ »

Hi Stephanie's

Thanks for your response - that's a good idea!

Cheers
mjl

Post by mjl »

Kabooti is good...I own one and would second that vote, as is the Purple seat cushion. In my experience foam based cushions can harden in the cold or compress/flatten in hotter temps, so I like having a few silicone based options around because they retain their shape and cushion effect in almost any environment. I also find I can more easily pack a silicone option into a bag or backpack, pull it out and get a nice soft surface to sit on. When my wife and I are out to dinner with friends, for example, she kindly packs it for me in her bag and I can discretely reach down as I'm getting seating and slip it onto my chair. If I'm on a flight I can fold up my Purple option in my backpack and throw it down as I'm getting seated.

My guess is all of us on here own multiple styles and materials, and its a process of trial and error to find the one you'll get the most relief with.

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”