Declaration for Access to Pain Management

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
Charlie

Declaration for Access to Pain Management

Post by Charlie »

Could everyone please sign this declaration which has been prepared by the International Association for the Study of Pain.

It is entitled

Declaration that Access to Pain Management Is a Fundamental Human Right

It only takes a minute to do.

http://www.iasp-pain.org/Content/Naviga ... efault.htm

Mods I notice there is an option for organizations to sign this. It would be great if as an organization Pudendal Hope could sign it. It looks simple to do.
Last edited by Charlie on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tried numerous medications as well as a long period of myofascial physical therapy combined with meditation/relaxation. My pelvic floor muscles are now normal and relaxed on exam ( confirmed by many Pelvic floor PTs) yet my pain remains the same. Also have intense leg pain. Deciding on next treatment.
Karyn

Re: Declaration for Access to Pain Management

Post by Karyn »

Thanks, Charlie! Duly signed ... :D
Warm regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
A's Mommy

Post by A's Mommy »

I signed it as an individual.

I agree that if the MODS could have HOPE sign it as an organization, that'd be great. :D
Daughter grew completely on left side of pelvis
Multiple uterine surgeries to fix uterine adhesions, septum, and endo
Had all the conservative workups done, 3Tesla (Potter), recovering from L sided TG (Hibner) 11/10, Botox 6/11 failed, bilateral anterior PNE decompression (distal Alcock's/perineal branch), Aszmann, Vienna, 10/11; dx'd with CRPS Type 2, 12/11, Ketamine @ CCF 2/12, doing 75% better PRAISE JESUS!
http://fighting-pne.blogspot.com
http://www.thepelvicmessenger.org
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Me too.
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
PT for almost 3 years now without any results.
Pudendal Nerve blocks in August,2007 by Dr. Quesda left me with sitting pain.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
MRI By Dr. Potter reveals nerve entrapment in the ST,AC and DN.
Dorsal Nerve Decompression surgery on April 8,2011
Redo surgery by Dr. Hibner on July 18,2011
JeanieC

Post by JeanieC »

Done
Diagnosed with left side PN by Dr Renney, March 2010, after over 2 years of searching for help
Left TG Surgery, Dr Ansell, August 2010, failed to relieve pain
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Thanks for this info Charlie. The HOPE Board is meeting again next month so maybe we can discuss this then.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
nyt

Post by nyt »

Done.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
Quilter 2

Post by Quilter 2 »

Charlie;
Just found this and I'm all signed up.
Doreen
Five pudendal nerve infiltrations with good results.
Sixth Injection left me with more burning, more pain, pain in buttocks.
Botox shot didn't notice any difference
Physical Therapy - Aquatic and Myofascial
External and Internal Manual Therapy on the obturator muscle.
3T MRI with Dr. Potter
2nd opinion with Dr. Hibner in Phoenix
Loretta Robertson PT Phoenix
Decompression surgery Nov. 1, 2011
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Charlie, just wanted to let you know that the HOPE directors met and we were very interested in signing this but we are in the process of applying for 501c3 status. As a charitable organization, we cannot do anything that might be misconstrued as exerting political influence so we decided to sign it as individuals.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Violet M wrote:Charlie, just wanted to let you know that the HOPE directors met and we were very interested in signing this but we are in the process of applying for 501c3 status. As a charitable organization, we cannot do anything that might be misconstrued as exerting political influence so we decided to sign it as individuals.
Violet, firstly thanks for signing it as individuals. I understand, I would not want to jeopardize your application.

I would encourage any other forum members to sign it.
Tried numerous medications as well as a long period of myofascial physical therapy combined with meditation/relaxation. My pelvic floor muscles are now normal and relaxed on exam ( confirmed by many Pelvic floor PTs) yet my pain remains the same. Also have intense leg pain. Deciding on next treatment.

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”