Religious discussions

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
mod3

Religious discussions

Post by mod3 »

The moderators have met and we are asking forum members, out of respect for each other and the different religions and cultures represented on this forum, to please post religious discussions in the spiritual section of the forum. If you would like to make religious comments and invite religious responses in your own personal case update in the "Case Updates and Review Section" that is also acceptable since that is your own space to discuss your personal journey.

We do not wish to censor anyone but we realize that the primary purpose of this forum is to be a place where anyone can come and feel comfortable to find solutions to the problem of pudendal neuralgia. We as moderators feel that can best be accomplished by keeping topics in the appropriate forum where they belong so that people who have problems sitting do not have to wade through topics they are not interested in, including religious discussions. We as moderators do not all share the same religion, yet we are able to work together as a team to try to make this a forum where everyone is comfortable and we ask that you do the same.

Thank you,

The Moderators
mod3

Re: Religious discussions

Post by mod3 »

Since the moderators are volunteers and we are very busy people, if we run across religious posts outside of your own personal case update or in the spiritual section, we will edit out religious statements from now on without sending an explanation. Not trying to be mean here -- we just need everyone to know that this forum has people of all faiths and we want everyone to be able to discuss PNE without having to wade through religious discussions. There is a section on the forum for those discussions.
Emily B

Post by Emily B »

Sounds reasonable to me. Moderators, thanks for taking the time to address this issue.

Emily B.
pianogal

Post by pianogal »

what? so if I say I will pray for someone or if I try to encourage someone who I know has same beliefs as me by sharing a Bible quote, you will delete it? To what extent will this censorship go?
-straddle fall age 4-7 w/bleeding labia, tampons hurt in teens, papsmere started annoying pelvic 'tingling' & pne in 02
-obturator surgery w/ Filler in 05 (useless, created sciatic & plantar fascitis pain)
-TIR surgery w/ Bautrant in 08 and vestibulectomy in 08 in France (vest. removed pain w/intercourse, pain w/sitting increased post surgery)
-chronic fatigue & food allergies/migraines (gluten, milk) from pain meds in 08
-want a life back. I'm 34 w/8+ years of pain
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Thank you, Mods! Very much appreciated!
Warm regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
HerMajesty

Post by HerMajesty »

pianogal wrote:what? so if I say I will pray for someone or if I try to encourage someone who I know has same beliefs as me by sharing a Bible quote, you will delete it? To what extent will this censorship go?
I for one will just try to be mindful of this by always making sure that I devote a line in any case update thread I begin, to welcoming religious feedback.

Mods, while we are on the religion topic, can we have a clarification regarding religious debate in the spiritual section? It was explicitly forbidden on the prior board but no mention here that I can find.
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.
donstore

Post by donstore »

Since religion is a matter of faith, debating about it seems pointless. When it comes to spiritual matters, people believe what they believe and no amount of discussion is going to change anyone's mind. Now whether or not to cut the ligaments during PNE surgery, that's another story.
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell
Celeste

Post by Celeste »

My feeling is that no matter what your beliefs...there are enough other venues to use for whatever you need. PM, email, Facebook, telephone, blogs, Yahoo groups, you name it.
PNE as a result of childbirth, 2002. Treatment by the Houston team, with neurosurgery by Dr. Ansell in 2004. My left side ST and SS ligaments were found to be grown together, encasing the pudendal nerve.

I am cured. I hope you will be, too.

There are no medical answers on the forum. Your only hope is to go to a doctor. I was very happy with the Houston team, which has treated the most PNE patients (well over 400), more than any other US provider.

http://www.tipna.org
HerMajesty

Post by HerMajesty »

donstore wrote:Since religion is a matter of faith, debating about it seems pointless. When it comes to spiritual matters, people believe what they believe and no amount of discussion is going to change anyone's mind. Now whether or not to cut the ligaments during PNE surgery, that's another story.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am against religious debate on the forum, I think the spirituality forum should be for religious support only, but the old board had a written policy about that and this one doesn't have one I can find.
I think ligament debate should be allowed so long as there is an explicit warning posted that it can be hazardous to your sanity.
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.
mom

Post by mom »

Donstore,
I LOVE what you said. We are all going to beleive what we believe. I don't think anyone is attempting to dictate to others that they need to think or beleive the same way. I certainly am not.
But just like we talk about meds that help and meds that don't , methods that do and methods that don't. For some faith is the medicine that works, and it is part of our story and coping mechanism. It is part of our PNE story.
I for one can be more mindful, but I can't take away that my faith is the one things keeping me from going crazy while watching my daughter suffer.
I definitley agree that "religion" should not be debated here on this forum. Nor anywhere for that matter.

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”