Texas Pelvic Floor/Physiotherapy for Men

List of Physiotherapists Worldwide; Techniques & Education to educate Physio's who are not PN aware, etc
cwb125

Texas Pelvic Floor/Physiotherapy for Men

Post by cwb125 »

Hello everyone,

I, a male, have been battling with pudendal neuralgia, or something extremely similar to it, since October of 2014. While traditional doctors have been hit or miss in terms of actually helping me recover or improve for this injury (my testimonial - http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... 17&t=10406), I have found pelvic floor therapy/physiotherapy extremely helpful.

As a resident of the Great State of Texas, I was surprised by the lack of practitioners in this field of medicine. Keep in mind that some to many pelvic floor therapists will not treat men. I thought I would make a post about my research into who practices in major cities; I have moved around a lot and can give you a general idea of where you should start looking depending on where you live.

Austin:

1. Sullivan Physical Therapy
12411 Hymeadow Drive, Building 3, Suite 3B
Austin, Texas 78750
Tel: 512-335-9300
Fax: 512-335-9301

- Sullivan is amazing and who I use for my own pelvic floor therapy. The clinic has grown to around 10 or so therapists (pre-COVID) and have gone the extra mile to help me both in terms of treatment and office/clerical type stuff. They accept insurance. While I see a single therapist regularly named Jessica Chaska, I have gone to maybe two or three others and they were all very good as well.

San Antonio:

1. Tish Rodriuguez, PT
Clinic / Hospital: Brooke Army Medical Center
Street Address: 639 Rockhill Drive
City: San Antonio
State: TX
ZIP Code: 78209

- My pelvic floor therapist spoke very highly of her. KEEP IN MIND SHE WORKS AT A MILITARY BASE! I opted to drive to Austin instead of messing with that. She might be a great resource if you are a veteran, however.

I am pretty sure she is the only one in San Antonio as of around 2017 that does pelvic floor therapy for men.

DFW:

1. Nicole Sutherland, PT, MS, WCS
Watermark Physical Therapy
2845 Parkwood Blvd, Suite 200
Plano, TX 75093
Tel: 972-378-6868
Fax: 214-279-0738

- While I never actually went to them, I move southwest of Forth Worth, TX and looked for a pelvic floor therapist in the area. The only reason I did, however, is Austin (where I had been going) was 140 miles while Plano was 70 miles through the heart of Dallas traffic. They accept insurance and seemed legitimate to me.

2. Dr. Tina M. Chaney, PT, DPT, CMT, PRPC
Pelvic Rehabilitation Practitioner Certified
Also claimed to be with "Mansfield Methodist"

- I emailed with this pelvic floor therapist a little bit. While she seemed very passionate and tried to convince me to go to her practice, I would be very wary about the cost of it. She told me "Pelvic Rehabilitation Practitioner Certified" does not accept insurance but "Mansfield Methodist" [a hospital] does accept insurance. One of the things the medical industry loves to do is charge more for a service simply because it is a hospital. If you are rich and/or desperate, she might be worth a try. I think there is a good chance, however, you will pay more than you would with insurance at some of the other I listed on here. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION AS SOMEONE WHO HAS GONE THROUGH THE MEDICAL PROCESS BEFORE! If someone wants an example of the practice I am talking about, I can give it to you.

3. There are several in DFW that do not take insurance. This one was highly recommended by several people: https://www.woernerphysicaltherapy.com/

Abilene:

1. Hendricks Center for Rehabilitation (its a hospital) -- Melissa Lesley

- My pelvic floor therapist interned under her. Residents of the greater-Taylor County Area probably do not realize they have a gem within their borders. FYI, Abilene is pretty far from the big cities in Texas as it exists like 150-200 miles between Midland/Odessa and DFW on I-20.

Sorry I cannot provide any help in El Paso or Houston.
Gauxa

Re: Texas Pelvic Floor/Physiotherapy for Men

Post by Gauxa »

Is it good for a men? I want to put my man to do this.
onlysams

Re: Texas Pelvic Floor/Physiotherapy for Men

Post by onlysams »

I've been dealing with chronic lower back pain for years, likely a mix of poor posture and not enough exercise. My journey to find relief brought me to Form Body Lab in Downtown Vancouver. They offered a personalized approach that really made a difference for me. My therapist used a combination of deep tissue massage, specific exercises to strengthen my back, and posture correction techniques. This comprehensive approach not only eased my pain but also taught me how to prevent it from coming back.

Return to “PHYSIOTHERAPY”