cushions

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
kathyd

cushions

Post by kathyd »

Hi Everyone,
Hope all are doing well,
I would like to ask for an opinion on the best cushion for those with throbbing pain in the anal rectal spot. I want to use it for dining , going to events or especially driving.. It would need to be not too hard, yet firm enough so i don't sink flat down into it.

There are many options to choose from and I have a few that were wrong for me.

Anything that works well for someone with my type of pain would be so appreciated. My pain is at the anal opening and a bit outside of it.

I learned that my pain is to a large degree due to stress and fear which causes my Pelvic floor muscles to clench and tighten, causing pain.
Any ideas for breaking that loop of "centralized pain" would be great as well. I also got a good suggestion for a lumbar cushion which in my case would help lift the butt up off the seat.. Hope that can help someone!

Thanks for any cushion ideas!
Regards,
Kathy
DakotaGirl

Re: cushions

Post by DakotaGirl »

Why doesn’t anyone answer on the forum anymore? It’s used to be such a great resource. Did you find any relief yet?
papaya

Post by papaya »

Cushion Your Assets makes a cushion that could work for you. It works for me in certain situations. Also I've found that working with a foam company (that cuts foam for upholtery and other uses) has been wonderful. I make up ideas, they cut them, I try them out and adjust. Still working on mine, but it's nice to have that resource. And they are very accommodating. There are many different levels of firmness you can also try.
Beatriz

Post by Beatriz »

In my case I have pudendal neuralgia due to chronic hemorrhoids and all the interventions.
There are "horseshoe" cushions, which are useful for coccyx fractures and also hemorrhoids.

It was the only thing that has allowed me to sit for a long time, until a user here in this website, explained that he bought a custom-made Roho brand cushion.

This brand have a line called Roho Hybrid Select. It is expensive, here in Spain it costs €400, but in my case this cushion is wonderful because It avoid pain when I seat, due to the compression the nerve against the ischium bone.

ROHO Hybrid Select | "You deserve a cushion that offers you skin protection and positioning – and then does both really well!" For more info, check out: https://bit.ly/33jQZJT ...
Facebook · Permobil USA

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”