Confused

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Hopeisnear

Confused

Post by Hopeisnear »

Hello every one
My history started 2 years ago when u started to fell something wrong like numbness in my penis and decrease in libido and the ejaculation was not something enjoyable
But i thought may be it is something temporary. Later i started to feel pins like pain in the penis but had no problem with the erection.
Last april i started to suffer from pain with sitting frequency,urgency and hesitacy and some difficulties with erection i was diagnosed as a case of chronic bacterial prostatitis and treatment did some improvment
But i was not conviced with the diagnosis i suspected it is sth neurological but i was denying
I started to search and i suspected that i suffer of PNE
I made two consultations with two aware surgeons of that condition and they confirmed the diagnosis
Right now the pain is better as one of the surgeons prescribed 5 mg tardenafil which improves the pain as it increases blood flow to the nerve also the rection is good too
But the problem is occasional mumbness and i still do not feel to much pleasure with my penis and it takes tooo much time to reach ejaculation
I also sometimes feel numbness in my left leg sometimes when i am standing sometimes when i am sleeping i feel pain in the left leg but this has improved too now it is occasional
I have tried no PT but i am confused whether to give it a trial or should i proceed for surgery as i think i started to have functional problems
benraycamp0

Re: Confused

Post by benraycamp0 »

Did you have an injury or known series of microtrauma that started all this for you?

How did the surgeons diagnose you? Did you do any imaging?
Hopeisnear

Post by Hopeisnear »

No but my work i had always to be sitting for long hours and sometimes when i stand up i had a painful weird feeling in the perineum but it goes away instantly
I had no MRI yet but the point is i am really worried about the pudendal merve i want to do the operation not to regret later
I do not kow whether this is a right way of thinking or not
benraycamp0

Post by benraycamp0 »

I think trying all conservative therapies before considering surgery is the right mentality to have. Since you have not tried PT, you should definitely try it and see if you see any improvements.
Hopeisnear

Post by Hopeisnear »

Okay thank you bery much
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

Hopeisnear,

If you have pelvic pain and leg issues, I think it’s a good idea to get an MRI of the lumbar spine (which you may have already had if you had an L4 injection) and also one of the sacrum all the way to the end of the tailbone. The pudendal and sciatic nerve (leg) share the S2 nerve root. The doctors might see something else that could be contribution to you pain as well. PT wasn’t a help to me at all.

Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
Ethan1989

Post by Ethan1989 »

Did you got any injury in childhood serious one. Some injuries shows there impact after when you just passed your 40th birthday. Now it's better to get MRI and then go for the CT Scan. Hopefully you can get something form CT Scan. In some diseases you have to visit neurosurgeon.
Unfortunate

Post by Unfortunate »

Hallo ! Just watch this video I'm posting carefully, listen and think. You have to look at the whole body, not just the place that shows symptoms . This guy makes a lot of sense. I wish all doctors were like him. Watch the whole video and let me know what you think. At the start of the video he speaks about COVID related problems so you can skip to minute 6 . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grq0yjr ... ergmanD.C.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”