PROLOTHERAPY (dextrose) DAMAGE - Help.

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
tara21

PROLOTHERAPY (dextrose) DAMAGE - Help.

Post by tara21 »

Hello all,

I unfortunately had a typo in my subject line previously so not sure anyone looking up Prolotherapy would have seen it. Therefore, I'm reposting.

Hello all,

I recently was erroneously seduced by an osteopath into believing that prolotherapy/nerve hydrodissection would heal my pain. She put 20cc of dextrose and lidocaine into my PUBIS (not a ligament, joint, etc, which is what is usually done) . While on the table I had an immediate and catastrophic response: bilateral clitoral/prepuce pain leading into eventual growing neuropathic pain in vulva, urinary leakage, leg pain, etc. The list grows.

It has been 3 months and my pain is only WORSENING. Has anyone ever had a BAD reaction to prolotherapy/dextrose and can provide ANY ideas for relief. So far none of my doctors can provide much insight because they have never even seen someone put dextrose into a pubis before.

Any thoughts would be welcome. I have had some nice responses privately but not about prolotherapy damage.

Thank you Kindly.
Tara

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”