Can FAI cause urinary frequency?

Hysterectomy, Ovary Removal, SIJD, Piriformis Syndrome etc
PNEsucks

Can FAI cause urinary frequency?

Post by PNEsucks »

Hi all,

I've had PN/PNE for 6 years now. According to an orthopedic surgeon, my MRIs reveal FAI and signs of mild, beginning arthritis on both hips, though no clear labral tear. He offered to do arthroscopic surgery but I opted to do PNE surgery first, since my main symptom has been urinary frequency, followed by sitting pains and occasional shooting pain in the groin and penis. I'm able to move pretty well, can do sports and don't really have hip pains, though sometimes I feel a "clicking" of the hip (occurs maybe once a day or less). I tried PT for the FAI, but it aggravated my PNE symptoms so much I couldn't follow through with it.

Finally had TG surgery for the PNE two weeks ago and currently going through a post-op flare-up and waiting to see if the surgery helped. I'm considering going for the hip arthroscopy eventually, if only to prevent further hip arthritis, but obviously I'll have to wait to recover from the TG surgery first.

My question is, have any of you had mostly just urinary symptoms and ended up discovering that it was caused by a labral tear, FAI, hip arthritis, etc?

Thanks for reading.

Return to “ASSOCIATED DISORDERS”