PN without tight pelvic floor muscles

List of Physiotherapists Worldwide; Techniques & Education to educate Physio's who are not PN aware, etc
Emilsen

PN without tight pelvic floor muscles

Post by Emilsen »

Hello,

Does anyone have PN without tight pelvic floor muscles? During the last 3-4 years I have been evaluated by numerous physicians and gynecologist, but no one has detected any tight muscles. Is it at all possible to have all this discomfort without the muscles getting tight?

Looking forward to hear from you!
Violet M

Re: PN without tight pelvic floor muscles

Post by Violet M »

It's not typical but there have been people with symptoms similar to PN who didn't have tight pelvic floor muscles.

In the Nantes Criteria tight pelvic floor muscles is not one of the criteria listed for a diagnosis of pudendal nerve entrapment. The article describes it better than I can. https://www.pudendalhope.info/sites/def ... iteria.pdf

Your providers can press on the pudendal nerve at the ischial spine to see if there is tenderness there. Usually an MRI of the lumbosacral area is recommended to exclude any abnormalities that would show up on imaging that could be an obvious cause of your pain.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “PHYSIOTHERAPY”