Massive flare/cluneal nerve?

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
Barre

Massive flare/cluneal nerve?

Post by Barre »

Hello,

I'm kind of confused and worried here,

I was actually doing very well, had a good three or four days in a row with minimal symptoms, could even drive again in my car for an half hour with only minor discomfort and pain, it would wax and wane but overall the curve was trending in the right direction, some days I even felt normal again and there was one day I barely had symptoms, thought I was finally and slowly healing and getting better.

However I still had a first appointment with my pelvic floor therapist so went ahead and started the sessions, suppose to be 18 in total and was confident that this would be good to get rid of the lingering and still annoying symptoms.

However after the first session things flared abit, although not so bad and it resolved in two days and had a great weekend, almost pain free, maybe two out of 10 when I sat in certain positions/chairs.

After the second session I have a massive flair, not in pudendal symptoms but pain in sitbone worse, and almost constant burning pain in glute and side, muscles feel very tender when I press them, feels like cluneal or sciatic pain.

Have I messed up by going through with the PT? Should I have just leave thing alone down there?

I am supposed to have a diagnostic nerve block next Tuesday but I am very worried that I will just means up things even more?

Any input would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!
Violet M

Re: Massive flare/cluneal nerve?

Post by Violet M »

That is the unfortunate that PT caused a flare-up. It’s a tough call whether to continue, but based on my own experiences with PT, if it causes a significant flare-up with burning nerve pain, to me it doesn’t make sense to continue, especially since you were getting better. You probably want to let the PT know and see if they have a good explanation for it and what their recommendations are.

If your pain subsides and you aren’t having much pain by the time of the nerve block it might not make much sense to try it because you won’t be able to tell if it takes your usual pain away. If your pain is in a different place now than it used to be and it’s not your typical pain, it might make more sense to wait and see if your typical pain comes back and if it does, try a nerve block then.

It’s hard when you try two new treatments close together because then it’s hard to tell how each one is affecting you. I don’t know for sure what’s your best strategy now, I’m just thinking of it logically, but see what your doctor thinks.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”