Recent Surgery *Hoping for Success*

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
Westbluu

Re: Recent Surgery *Hoping for Success*

Post by Westbluu »

Violet M wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:56 am
Westbluu wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:29 pm
Have you ever encountered a situation where you could not tighten your pelvic muscles after surgery?
Weak muscles, yes, but not complete loss of ability to tighten them. Is that what is happening to you?
I just had surgery and I can't contract my left pelvic muscle on the left side. I have a checkup on Thursday, I will ask my surgeon about this. Did your muscle weakness and contraction difficulty disappear after the surgery?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

I don't have any difficulty now. It's been almost 20 years since surgery so I don't remember for sure right after surgery, but to the best of my memory I had some perineal numbness but not loss of ability to contract muscles.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Westbluu

Post by Westbluu »

Violet M wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:37 am I don't have any difficulty now. It's been almost 20 years since surgery so I don't remember for sure right after surgery, but to the best of my memory I had some perineal numbness but not loss of ability to contract muscles.
Miss Violet Have you complained about not being able to sit before and after surgery? Did you continue to experience pain symptoms every day? I've had surgery now but it's no use. I can't sit, my perineum and anal area are in terrible shape.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Westbluu,

I couldn't sit before surgery and for about 18 months after surgery. The recovery was long. But slowly I could start sitting more. I can sit for several hours at a time now, but if I sit more than that, I start having problems with the piriformis muscles causing sciatic-type pain/numbness. Before surgery and for awhile afterwards, sitting caused pudendal nerve pain also.

Since you just had surgery, it is way too early to draw any conclusions. You will need to be careful and follow your surgeon's advice. I expect that means you will need to take it easy for at least a few months and then slowly start adding activities as you can tolerate them for short periods of time.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Westbluu

Post by Westbluu »

Violet M wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:30 am Westbluu,

I couldn't sit before surgery and for about 18 months after surgery. The recovery was long. But slowly I could start sitting more. I can sit for several hours at a time now, but if I sit more than that, I start having problems with the piriformis muscles causing sciatic-type pain/numbness. Before surgery and for awhile afterwards, sitting caused pudendal nerve pain also.

Since you just had surgery, it is way too early to draw any conclusions. You will need to be careful and follow your surgeon's advice. I expect that means you will need to take it easy for at least a few months and then slowly start adding activities as you can tolerate them for short periods of time.

Violet
Thanks
Westbluu

Post by Westbluu »

Violet M wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:30 am Westbluu,

Violet
You said that your pain lasted for 9 months after the surgery and then improved. Now you say 18 months Can you sit comfortably now? Is there any pain, stinging or burning?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Sorry I didn't make that clear. By 9 months post-op I discontinued narcotics and the pain was at a lower level especially if I wasn't sitting, but sitting was still a problem. By 18 months I was able to start sitting more. Now I can sit for hours with no pudendal nerve pain, stinging, or burning.

How are you doing now?

Violet
Westbluu

Post by Westbluu »

Violet M wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:03 am Sorry I didn't make that clear. By 9 months post-op I discontinued narcotics and the pain was at a lower level especially if I wasn't sitting, but sitting was still a problem. By 18 months I was able to start sitting more. Now I can sit for hours with no pudendal nerve pain, stinging, or burning.

How are you doing now?

Violet
My symptoms continue because I just had surgery. I think it will take a while
Westbluu

Post by Westbluu »

Violet M wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:03 am Sorry I didn't make that clear. By 9 months post-op I discontinued narcotics and the pain was at a lower level especially if I wasn't sitting, but sitting was still a problem. By 18 months I was able to start sitting more. Now I can sit for hours with no pudendal nerve pain, stinging, or burning.

How are you doing now?

Violet
Was your surgery performed on the hip or perineum?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

I had the trans-ischio rectal fossa approach the is described at the following link (scroll down on the page):

https://www.pudendalhope.info/pudendal- ... n-surgery/

Return to “SURGERY”