Scar Tissue Mobilization Post Op

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
Natedogg91

Scar Tissue Mobilization Post Op

Post by Natedogg91 »

Hi everyone,

I am about 3 months out from a pudendal nerve decompression and it is slowly but surely getting less painful and awkward to sit. I had pudendal nerve entrapment in two places. All my other dysfunctional symptoms are improving significantly. That being said I’m wondering if anyone has pursued scar tissue mobilization down the line post op and I’m wondering how or where you went about that. I feel that might help my bottom feel less rough and make it less painful to sit. Appreciate any opinions on that matter. I’m also doing PT currently, not sure how much it’s helping, but figure it can’t hurt!
Violet M

Re: Scar Tissue Mobilization Post Op

Post by Violet M »

Hi Nate,

In the past, some of the PN surgeons have recommended a gliding exercise post-op that might help loosen up scar tissue. You can find it at the bottom of this page. https://www.pudendalhope.info/approved- ... e-with-pn/
You could try it but if it flares up your pain you probably would want to discontinue it.

I wasn't able to do PT until almost a year after surgery because it was too painful but if you can already tolerate it that's great. It sounds like you are having some significant improvements so that's very hopeful!

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Natedogg91

Post by Natedogg91 »

Hi Violet,

I should try to do those more. Dr. Conway doesn’t really give a ton of post op instructions at all - I know Dr. Hibner recommends these gliding exercises. I was walking avidly since post op day 1 which I think has helped too. Dr. Conway brought up scar tissue mobilization as in finding a therapist that could massage or help break down the scar tissue along the surgical site. I’m also aware of shockwave therapy, but my guess is insurance wouldn’t cover that. PNE surgery was definitely the right move in my case and I’m glad I didn’t wait too long to get it done.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Wow, that's pretty impressive if you were already walking around avidly since day 1. Generally, if something you do causes a flare-up it's a good idea to back off and give the nerve a little more time to heal but hopefully you won't have to do that. :)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “SURGERY”