Scs before PN decompression surgery?

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
Gaia

Scs before PN decompression surgery?

Post by Gaia »

Ho every one:) do u know if I can have a sacral neurostimulator implant and then do the surgery? I have pne.id like to lower the pain a bot before surgery. Thanks
Violet M

Re: Scs before PN decompression surgery?

Post by Violet M »

Hi Gaia,

A sacral neurostimulator can be removed if it needs to be. But if you are for sure going to have PNE surgery and are just waiting for the date to arrive, I'm not sure if a physician would want to do an implant because it is an invasive procedure so it's not entirely without risk. They might prefer to prescribe medication temporarily, but I can't say for sure.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
jon

Re: Scs before PN decompression surgery?

Post by jon »

Hi Gaia,

Who is doing your decompression surgery? Is you insurance helping pay for it?

Some surgeons implant a stimulator at the time of their surgeries, in case the surgery doesn't help, although I don't think they were doing decompression surgery.

I tried the DRG nerve stimulator. It's a major surgery. It's not a temporary fix.
Left testicle pain since 2008. Left sciatica 2010-2012. Failed left epididectomy, orchiectomy, botox injections, nerve blocks and internal physical therapy. Genital branch of genitofemoral and perineal branch of pudendal nerve cut. L5-S1 microdiscectomy cured sciatica. Dorsal Root Ganglion nerve stimulator failed to help and was removed. I have had 4 pudendal nerve blocks, two from Dr. Poree worked for 2 hrs. The ONLY break from pain ever.

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”