"Hard Flaccid" Breakdown

Hysterectomy, Ovary Removal, SIJD, Piriformis Syndrome etc
happyman

"Hard Flaccid" Breakdown

Post by happyman »

decided to delete the info because some members took a problem with it
Last edited by happyman on Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Med15

Re: "Hard Flaccid" Breakdown + Treatment

Post by Med15 »

please help to spread awareness on this issue
Last edited by Med15 on Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Med15

Post by Med15 »

Very good and informative post
April

Post by April »

Thanks for the post, happy. I didn't see any mention of the pudendal nerve. Does pn cause this?

April
happyman

Post by happyman »

Honestly April, were not at a stage yet where we know what causes this. There are some guys in the hard flaccid online group that did in fact find relief via pudendal nerve entrapment surgery, but on the other hand there are some that got pudendal nerve entrapment surgery and still did not find relief.

Additionally, i like to think of hard flaccid as just another symptom. The root cause has been different for many guys so far. For example, i have hard flaccid but i also have (i suspect) pudendal neuralgia- as i have tingling and burning sensations, pgad problems, all kinds of things that are out of the ordinary and that many other guys dont report in the hard flaccid group. One thing i found interesting that i noted above is that "this same procedure is already known to resolve other disorders of the sympathetic nervous system affecting different end organs. For example, Raynaud’s Syndrome is when there is too much sympathetic signal to the smooth muscle in the blood vessels of the hands or feet." I have a mild form of raynauds! It makes sense because an increased sympathetic tone can be independent of a pudendal nerve injury.

I just posted here so the condition/symptom can receive some more exposure as we have been left to mostly play doctor on ourselves since the condition/symptom is not recognized or understood by doctors. There are some men here that might have it and be ashamed to speak out about it because they didnt know there is a community for it that exists. Hope thats okay, apologies if i violated some sort of rule here.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

No, happy, you haven't violated any rules. It does seem to be an associated disorder.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
harry_nerve

Post by harry_nerve »

Last edited by harry_nerve on Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
happyman

Post by happyman »

ok harry nerve i understand your intentions are good and so im going to be patient with you.

did you read the study? 1)all the men reported improvement in erection quality, tumescense of the glans (Which is a widely agreed upon symptom by men suffering this) and of course the penile rigidity. No one reported any negative side effects even in the cohort that was 10 months out
2)you are not getting rid of the entire sympathetic structure during the thermocauterization of the nerve. there are many sympathetic nerves that innervate the region "The autonomic nervous system also controls the IUS muscle because it is made of smooth muscle fibers. The sympathetic innervation of the bladder begins at the lower thoracic and upper lumbar spinal cord segments (T10 to L2)" (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... 28%2C29%5D.)

no patient reported any symptoms having to do with persistent IUS smooth muscle relaxation in the follow up cohort
happyman

Post by happyman »

harry_nerve wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:19 pm you do realise that the sympathetic structure is apart of important functions right??? The sympathetic component of this particular nerve controls the Internal sphincter muscle (IAS). Please do not advise people to get that sympectomy surgery, that's crazy.
also i find it a little bit absurd that you think id be responsible for someone getting this procedure. you meet with a physician and the physician goes over risks of any surgery. was i not suppose to share this study? isnt that what this forum is for? this isnt a forum for medical advice, no one here is a doctor, we merely share anecdotal experiences and research. also not once in the post i made did i say "go get this study!"- i shared a guys journal entry of the study and his experience with the results of the initial step, and then i said he will continue to update. anyways, sorry if any of this is coming off as rude, but i figured id speak my mind after having taken the time and energy to put together that write-up
harry_nerve

Post by harry_nerve »

Last edited by harry_nerve on Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “ASSOCIATED DISORDERS”