Patients of Dr. Renaud Bollens - please post laparoscopic pudendal entrapment surgery results

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
jceaves

Patients of Dr. Renaud Bollens - please post laparoscopic pudendal entrapment surgery results

Post by jceaves »

Has anyone had good results recovering penile sensitivity after laparoscopic prudential decompression surgery with Dr. Bollens?

I contacted him in May of 2021 due to abrupt but ongoing penile loss of sensation and pudendal pain after exercise. I opted for other therapies, not wanting to severe my sacrospinous ligament.

Please post results here. Did it affect your mobility? Did you get pain relief? Did you get penile sensation back? What were the side effects? How long was recovery?

Thanks!
Dawid

Re: Patients of Dr. Renaud Bollens - please post laparoscopic pudendal entrapment surgery results

Post by Dawid »

Hi, I had surgery with Dr. Bollens 5 months ago. PNE for 7 years caused by fibrosis of ligaments and tissues in several places. I did not notice any change related to the cutting of the ligament and coccygeal muscle. I regained feeling in the left side of my penis - before the surgery I had practically none of it. I still feel slight numbness but the difference between the right and left side is minimal. The recovery is still ongoing, the first 3 months were a nightmare. Pain has never been my main problem. Currently, the only pain I experience is pain in the glans and urethra for 12 hours after orgasm, which intensifies during erection. Around month 4 I started to see improvement. If you have more specific questions, I will be happy to share my experiences. All the best!
Bananerd

Re: Patients of Dr. Renaud Bollens - please post laparoscopic pudendal entrapment surgery results

Post by Bananerd »

Dawid wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:50 pm Hi, I had surgery with Dr. Bollens 5 months ago. PNE for 7 years caused by fibrosis of ligaments and tissues in several places. I did not notice any change related to the cutting of the ligament and coccygeal muscle. I regained feeling in the left side of my penis - before the surgery I had practically none of it. I still feel slight numbness but the difference between the right and left side is minimal. The recovery is still ongoing, the first 3 months were a nightmare. Pain has never been my main problem. Currently, the only pain I experience is pain in the glans and urethra for 12 hours after orgasm, which intensifies during erection. Around month 4 I started to see improvement. If you have more specific questions, I will be happy to share my experiences. All the best!

What was the cost of the surgery? Did you have bilateral decompression or just one side? Did the surgery cause pain you didn’t have before? What are the first three months like? Do you have any restrictions after three months?
Balenul

Post by Balenul »

Dawid wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:50 pm Hi, I had surgery with Dr. Bollens 5 months ago. PNE for 7 years caused by fibrosis of ligaments and tissues in several places. I did not notice any change related to the cutting of the ligament and coccygeal muscle. I regained feeling in the left side of my penis - before the surgery I had practically none of it. I still feel slight numbness but the difference between the right and left side is minimal. The recovery is still ongoing, the first 3 months were a nightmare. Pain has never been my main problem. Currently, the only pain I experience is pain in the glans and urethra for 12 hours after orgasm, which intensifies during erection. Around month 4 I started to see improvement. If you have more specific questions, I will be happy to share my experiences. All the best!
You had urinary symptoms before surgery ? This is my only symptoms non stop urge in urethra and sometime pain in urethra ( pain ,foreign object etc ).I talked with him and he wants to do surgery....is something neuropathic since Gabapentin worked but now it stopped and other meds did nothing.....You ever had pudendal block ? I had one but did zero for my urinary symptoms even if i felt the numbness....

Return to “SURGERY”