Increased Burning Pain 5 months Post-Op

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
Natedogg91

Increased Burning Pain 5 months Post-Op

Post by Natedogg91 »

Hi all,

I’m looking to see if anyone had similar experiences as I’m having. I am approximately 5 months post-op from a left sided transgluteal pudendal nerve decompression. It’s been ups and downs as everyone has warned me about. Luckily I’ve had significant improvements in sensation, sexual function and bowel function. I am back to working full time and have been going to the gym several times a week, being very careful with any exercises that utilize more core/pelvic floor activation. I can tolerate sitting much more so for 1-2 hours (still hurts, but not as much). That being said, I still do get burning paresthesias along the pudendal nerve track on the left side where I had entrapment. I know my body is continuing to build scar tissue and the muscles are still tight. I’ve also completed additional pelvic floor PT, regular PT for my hips and back and continue to integrate pelvic floor stretching. As I am getting more active and sitting more, I notice more burning/tingling certain areas at the 5 month mark. Has anyone else experienced this post-operatively?

My entrapments were specifically aggravated between the SS and ST ligaments and an abnormally enlarged falciform process causing significant compression. If anyone had surgery with similar entrapments your insight would be extremely helpful to me.

Cheers
harry_nerve

Re: Increased Burning Pain 5 months Post-Op

Post by harry_nerve »

Deleted
Last edited by harry_nerve on Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Natedogg91 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:11 pm I notice more burning/tingling certain areas at the 5 month mark. Has anyone else experienced this post-operatively?

My entrapments were specifically aggravated between the SS and ST ligaments and an abnormally enlarged falciform process causing significant compression. If anyone had surgery with similar entrapments your insight would be extremely helpful to me.

Cheers
Yes, it is common to have some increased pain and tingling as the nerve wakes up. I experienced it. I didn't start going off my pain meds until 9 months post-op. My compression was between the SS and ST ligaments and Dr. Bautrant took off part of the falciform process, so it sounds like my compression was similar. Hope your symptoms improve over time.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
April

Post by April »

Hi Nate,

I also decompression surgery for entrapment between the SS and ST ligaments, and my pain fluctuated after surgery. It went up and down, but very gradually (over the span of about 1.5 years) the ups were shorter and less extreme. I do still have bouts of pain, but it is much less extreme and much more manageable (I gradually tapered off all my meds and was off all of them by about 1.5 years after the surgery). So, it is a long process.

April

Return to “SURGERY”