Calf muscle spasm/twitch

Hysterectomy, Ovary Removal, SIJD, Piriformis Syndrome etc
Marone87

Calf muscle spasm/twitch

Post by Marone87 »

For years I have had calf muscle twitching in my calves on both sides . If I sit and stare at them I can see them spasming . After I got PN decompression surgery laparoscopically a year later my left side calf muscle seems to be noticeably spasming and twitching even more than before to the point where I can feel it and it’s annoying AF and I think it’s part of my musculoskeletal issue . I was told that since it’s starting to spasm more that means it’s recovering but I have no clue what to think . I don’t know if it’s the piriformis muscle putting pressure on the sciatic nerve causing the spasm . But I have no pain . All of my sexual and bowel and urinary symptoms remain . Slightly improved but remain. I’ve read neurodivergent people like myself can randomly have a huge tolerance for pain or not even notice it . What the hell is this calf muscle spasming and twitching . I feel like if it was piriformis compression I would have pain . Just another piece to this seemingly impossible puzzle to solve .
April

Re: Calf muscle spasm/twitch

Post by April »

Hi Marone,

The calf muscle is so far away from the piriformis that it seems unlikely that the piriformis is creating the spasms, but Violet knows much more about this than I do so maybe she has some insights on how they could be connected. Are these charley horses or just mild twitches? And you have no pain from them? I think charley horses in the calves are very painful, so it is surprising if these aren't painful for you.

April

Return to “ASSOCIATED DISORDERS”