Was surgery the right choice for you?

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
jaxi123

Re: Was surgery the right choice for you?

Post by jaxi123 »

transgluteal approach is what caused my rectal and tailbone pain. Surgery caused me more Issues. I walked 30 minutes every hour on the hour starting 2 days after surgery to try to lessen scar tissue but became re-entrapped. I am a disaster and no Doctor can help.
April

Post by April »

Hi Getfixed,

I am definitely glad I did it, but I do still have some pain and limitations. I am highly functional and not on meds, so I'm much much better than before the surgery.

April
DB123

Post by DB123 »

Hello!
I appreciate all that everyone has shared on this website!
I am scheduled for Right TG PNE surgery next month- I am very nervous about the recovery. I have recently heard about Shock Wave Therapy and wondered if anyone has tried this? I am in so much pain, I am not sure I could endure the treatment??? I am trusting God to help me know what to do- my heart goes out to anyone who has this- it is extremely difficult- it is so encouraging to read and hear of people that have been freed from this pain!!
Thank you to all who have shared their story!
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hello DB,

I haven't heard much about shockwave therapy or tried it, but in reading about it, I don't see the mechanism for how it could release a nerve entrapment if that that is the cause of your pain. Once the entrapment is released maybe it could help with the healing process though.

Wishing you the best with your surgery. I think it is really important to take it easy and not try to do too much after surgery, so you allow the nerve to heal. Saying a prayer for you as you make decisions and go through this difficult time.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Getfixedordietrying

Post by Getfixedordietrying »

Hey thanks for all the comments. Just seeing them now. I’m at a point where it’s been 8 years and everything has gotten progresssiveoy worse and worse. We are pretty sure it’s an entrapment, but what is confusing me as that along with the pudental pain I also have pain deep in my right pubic bone, starting to suspect it is just a result of my PN being messed up but idk. I just got imaging done and getting the nerve looked at closer soon. It resulted from a skiing injury about 8 years ago. Or at least I think. I’m now 26 and the pain has spread from just genitals to my entire lower “saddle area”. I got it somewhat under control this past summer and then after a fungal infection it came back with a vengeance. I’m really done with this and feel that if I can do this while still relatively young maybe it heals better. I live in Washington DC. In terms of doctors does anyone have any recommendations for doctors, I’m seeing a seemingly good neurosurgeon here but he does not specialize in pudental issues. Thanks
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hey Getfixedordietrying,

I was reading through your previous posts. Did you ever get a good MRI? I might have missed it but I don't see that you mentioned it anywhere. If not, you may want to get one using the Hollis Potter protocol before you decide on surgery. You can find her contact info in the New York section of the list of doctors. https://www.pudendalhope.info/united-states-physicians/
I don't know if anyone in the DC area uses her protocol but if you call her office they might be able to tell you. It's not 100% accurate for diagnosing an entrapment but it could give you some valuable information, especially since you have that little bit of doubt due to the deep pubic pain.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Getfixedordietrying

Violet M wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:34 am Hey Getfixedordietrying,

I was reading through your previous posts. Did you ever get a good MRI? I might have missed it but I don't see that you mentioned it anywhere. If not, you may want to get one using the Hollis Potter protocol before you decide on surgery. You can find her contact info in the New York section of the list of doctors. https://www.pudendalhope.info/united-states-physicians/
I don't know if anyone in the DC area uses her protocol but if you call her office they might be able to tell you. It's not 100% accurate for diagnosing an entrapment but it could give you some valuable information, especially since you have that little bit of doubt due to the deep pubic pain.

I have gotten a few MRI’s but nothing as specific as that. I am Aleta’s to get some more specific imaging of the nerves soon but I will call her office and inquire about that. Thank you.
Violet
Getfixedordietrying

Violet M wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:34 am Hey Getfixedordietrying,

Violet

The pudental nerve. Lock gave me significant relief for 2 days though. And that is undoubtedly promising to me. But yes the abdominal/pubic bone pain and pressure is confusing things a bit. Though I should have my imaging results from those areas done soon
harry_nerve

Post by harry_nerve »

Deleted
Last edited by harry_nerve on Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Getfixedordietrying wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:54 am The pudental nerve. Lock gave me significant relief for 2 days though. And that is undoubtedly promising to me.
Yes, it is promising. Hope your imaging results are helpful too.

Violet

Return to “SURGERY”