Abroad PT help

List of Physiotherapists Worldwide; Techniques & Education to educate Physio's who are not PN aware, etc
optimus

Abroad PT help

Post by optimus »

Hi,

I am a male 33 from India suffering from this dreadful condition, I am looking for PT that really helps if the issue maybe due to obtutator internus or any other muscle imbalance.

Since in my country such PT are non existent & coming from a third world country I won’t be able to afford to try multiple PT in abroad.

Hence reaching out here to get any reference for a PT that might be able help me in this situation.

P.S I am aware of PT directories here, given my budget limitation hence asking here for a better PT
Violet M

Re: Abroad PT help

Post by Violet M »

Hello Optimus,

I can't recommend or endorse a specific physical therapist since this is a non-profit organization. But I can tell you who some of the therapists who train other PT's are, or who have published on the subject. Maeve Whelan in Ireland, Hollis Herman, Jerry Hesch, Stephanie Prendergast, Amy Stein, and Tracy Sher in the US. If you contact one of them they might be able to direct you to someone who could help you. In Australia Peter Dornan and Sherin Jarvis are well known. But before traveling that far to see anyone, you probably would want to contact them and either email or have a telehealth visit with them to see if they could likely help you.

If your obturator internus muscle is in spasm, you could potentially try a TENS unit to calm it down. Here is a post on how I used it according to the instructions by my PT. viewtopic.php?f=36&t=5266
You can buy them on amazon. Mine had 2 channels. My experience was that it increased my pain prior to PNE surgery because I had an entrapment and it just further irritated the nerve. But after the nerve compression was released by surgery, it helped to calm down the muscles. So if your problem is primarily muscle tension, maybe it would help.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
optimus

Post by optimus »

Thank you violet for reply , how about Australia and one in Netherlands mentioned in the forum.
I am practically looking someone who can stretch the fascia while working internally and mobilizing the nerve as mentioned in the book by Jerome Weiss
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Some of the PT's have websites where you can contact them to find out what type of therapy they do, and some of them have emails that you could contact them to find out.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “PHYSIOTHERAPY”