Does the block numb the pain caused by PN branches ?

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
Mulan

Re: Does the block numb the pain caused by PN branches ?

Post by Mulan »

Hi Lernica,
My symptom is internal pain inside the area between vagina and urethral. It is not kind of pain with burning, it was like a knife holding there before I took the lyrica, then the pain became a pulling apart sensation. After I had 1st injection, the pain became like tooth ache pain. Sometimes, the pain diffuses to external labia and extents to the sitting bone. After I had PT last week, I had addition internal pain in the left side. It lasted by the day was gone. My MRI indicates I have moderate edema in the urogenital diaphragm. I don't know how it is related to my pain. I have scheduled MRI with Dr. Potter next month. Just can't wait to get it done.
Best regards,
M
Symptom started 10/2010,sitting pain started 02/20/11. 1st injection 3/25/11. PT started 03/29/11. 2nd injection august,2011
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

And you've received a diagnosis of PN? Who diagnosed you? And how do you think you compromised your nerve?

BTW, the stabbing, pulling and toothache pains are all familiar to most of us.
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
Mulan

Post by Mulan »

DX with Houston team. I guess long time sitting. :cry:
I am wondering if anyone has pain in the same area as I have ?
Symptom started 10/2010,sitting pain started 02/20/11. 1st injection 3/25/11. PT started 03/29/11. 2nd injection august,2011
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Mulan, I think your pain is very similar to what I experienced. I had internal pain that felt like a knife on one side of the vagina diffusing to the surrounding tissues -- urethral area, labia, sit bone, etc. It started out as a toothache feeling but eventually it caused the OI muscles to go into spasm and I ended up with burning pain in the inner/upper thighs also.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”