Severed Pudendal Nerve

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
pianogal

Re: Severed Pudendal Nerve

Post by pianogal »

Please get tested for LYME DISEASE!!! Please get tested for LYME DISEASE!!!

Go to Igenex.com for the most accurate test. (send your blood test there.) http://igenex.com/Website/

Lyme can mimic any illness, and cause all of your symptoms. Sometimes people get lyme without the typical rash (bulls eye) from a tick bite, so they don't even know they have it.

Here's more info than you'd ever want to know about lyme:
http://autoimmunityresearch.org/lyme-disease/
a quote from the above link:
Soon after the onset of Lyme-flu, arthralgias and/or myalgias (muscle and joint pain) may begin. The arthralgias appear to primarily involve the large joints (i.e. knees, elbows, hips, shoulders), although smaller joints (e.g. wrists, hands, fingers, toes) may be involved. The pains are generally described as severe, jumping from joint to joint, and may be present for only short periods of time. Pain in the teeth and in the temporal-mandibular joints (jaw) is common. Neurological involvement will cause associated paresthesias (muscle twitching, burning sensations, prickling / shooting pains, and numbness). Lyme disease can cause palsy of affected areas, but it’s more likely to cause neurosensory deficits before neuromotor disease.

Facial nerve (Bell's) palsy is another neurological symptom of Lyme disease. Encephalitis or encephalopathy may manifest as cognitive dysfunction, including short-term memory loss, and psychiatric symptoms such as panic, anxiety, or depression. The encephalitis and facial paralysis tend to occur within the first few months following the tick bite, but may also occur as part of a relapse at any time.

Other symptoms in this stage of the disease may include blurred vision, uveitis, ringing in the ear (tinnitus) and/or hearing loss, shortness of breath, palpitations or tachycardia (rapid heart rate), chest pains, abdominal pains, diarrhea or irritable bowel, testicular or pelvic pain, urinary incontinence/urgency, dizziness, tremors, dysautonomia, and hepatitis.
http://www.lyme-disease-research-databa ... sease.html

ps- (even if you get a negative result from the lyme test, it could be a false negative and you might still have lyme disease - 30% are false negatives from the best lab igenex- but your symptomology warrants trying out lyme treatment in my humble opinion. lyme treatment is long term antibiotics orally or by IV.)
Last edited by pianogal on Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-straddle fall age 4-7 w/bleeding labia, tampons hurt in teens, papsmere started annoying pelvic 'tingling' & pne in 02
-obturator surgery w/ Filler in 05 (useless, created sciatic & plantar fascitis pain)
-TIR surgery w/ Bautrant in 08 and vestibulectomy in 08 in France (vest. removed pain w/intercourse, pain w/sitting increased post surgery)
-chronic fatigue & food allergies/migraines (gluten, milk) from pain meds in 08
-want a life back. I'm 34 w/8+ years of pain
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

Wow! Very good advice, Pianogal. Allie, please get tested for Lyme disease ASAP as well.

Lernica
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
Allie

Post by Allie »

OMG.......thank you so much...

I WILL ask to be tested for Lyme disease.

BUT - I don't know what would be causing the SEVERE pain in my buttocks...

BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH for the info - it is SCAREY - but thank you for it. I am seeing my Neuro here on 2/3, and I will bring this article with me.

I continue to get worse - it hurts to CHEW now...?????

Bless all of you -

~Allie
pianogal

Post by pianogal »

Hi Allie,
Praying for you! A pelvic pain doc once told me most of her unresolved pelvic pain cases ended up being lyme disease and were cured with lyme treatment... lyme mimics all kinds of pains so worth a shot to have it checked out. Definitely since your symptoms are so all over the place! also the lyme link said
Pain in the teeth and in the temporal-mandibular joints (jaw) is common.
so.... that could explain the chewing problems too.
-straddle fall age 4-7 w/bleeding labia, tampons hurt in teens, papsmere started annoying pelvic 'tingling' & pne in 02
-obturator surgery w/ Filler in 05 (useless, created sciatic & plantar fascitis pain)
-TIR surgery w/ Bautrant in 08 and vestibulectomy in 08 in France (vest. removed pain w/intercourse, pain w/sitting increased post surgery)
Allie

Post by Allie »

I'm scared.....

Can Lyme disease be cured?

My Autonomic Nervous system DOES NOT WORK anymore...I DO NOT SWEAT when hot ANYMORE....only on my face.

I DO NOT KNOW what causes this AWFUL pain in my buttocks...I also have NO USE of my HAMSTRINGS anymore.

I am losing the ability to walk straight.

My primary care Dr. will NOT to a referral to the Mayo Clinic, and, I called them today, and they said the Dr.'s there have to "review" all the information, and it could be MONTHS before I am told whether or not I will be allowed to go.

I read part of the Lyme disease article...it is JUST to scarey to continue. MY LIFE is just to scarey to live. EVERY DAY I lose a little more. Some "new" problem happens.

It does not even look like this test for Lyme disease is easy, or the cure complete. I don't have a good rappor with my primary care, and I can't seem to switch to another...there is a shortage of Dr's here.

I am in the middle of a nightmare that I can't wake up from...I'm really really scared...
pianogal

Post by pianogal »

That would be really scary to go through what you're going through, but Lyme IS cureable. It just takes long term antibiotics. You might need to get a doc on your team who believes in Lyme. They have recommendations on lyme sites.
grerichm

Post by grerichm »

Hey there, I just saw dr marvel he wants to do a ct guided nerve block with some cortsione and he wants me to take neurontin... anyone ever done either of these?

He said if the block works then we know for sure that surgery would help. I have had hip injections (i have labral tears in both hips) that made me feel better...so i was going to try both injections and see which one gave me the greater relief.

He was a good guy, he did an exam, not an internal exam, as i was not up for that at that time, but he reviewed the mri and said that scar tissue is a thick fibrotic band that sourrounds the nerve and make the nerve swell up around the encased nerve...ugh,.

Anyway, my symptoms have gotten worse since my prolotherapy injections (injections to try and strengthen the tendons and ligaments, with dextrose (sugar) and lidocaine)...since early jan, every time i have arousal i feel like i have to urinate...is there anyway to stop this? I am desperate and will try injections into the hip, low back, si joint, etc...to make it go away, it seems like we all have either a pt manual work or a injection that has caused a flare that just never went away, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Allie, i would love to hear from you, i was tested for lyme in june and it was negative, so i am not sure if i have lyme, but the pelvic pain is not my only problem, as well, so i understand. Make sure you get the test, try it two or three times to be sure.
Gregg
A's Mommy

Post by A's Mommy »

Gregg,

This is interesting as we haven't had many Dr. Marvel patients on here recently. Does he think you are a surgical candidate? Correct me if I am wrong, but he is doing the TransGluteal approach without severing the ST ligament, correct? Does he use neurawrap? What is his success/cure rate?

Thanks Gregg and I DEFINITELY hope and pray you get cured!! This disease is awful.

By the way, I'm worried about Allie. Haven't seen her post for a while.

Anyone hear from her?

A's Mommy
Daughter grew completely on left side of pelvis
Multiple uterine surgeries to fix uterine adhesions, septum, and endo
Had all the conservative workups done, 3Tesla (Potter), recovering from L sided TG (Hibner) 11/10, Botox 6/11 failed, bilateral anterior PNE decompression (distal Alcock's/perineal branch), Aszmann, Vienna, 10/11; dx'd with CRPS Type 2, 12/11, Ketamine @ CCF 2/12, doing 75% better PRAISE JESUS!
http://fighting-pne.blogspot.com
http://www.thepelvicmessenger.org

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”