PGAD - persistent genital arousal disorder

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Violet M

Re: PGAD - persistent genital arousal disorder

Post by Violet M »

Yes, it can leave with no reason or come and go. Did they give you any medication for the discharge or are they waiting for a culture?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
dreamsooz

Post by dreamsooz »

They are waiting for the results but my pharmacist gave me a Fluconazole because the symptoms were textbook a yeast infection, so i'll see in a week if this is cleared up.

The symptoms are pretty mild now, i'm trying my best to keep myself occupied. I don't feel it when i'm doing something else. I'm crossing my fingers so it goes away in a few days-week.
dreamsooz

Post by dreamsooz »

Hi.

It's been 2 weeks now. I was almost symptoms free last week but then my period came and it came back. I'm trying to stay positive that it will go away but sometimes I just want to curl up in a ball and cry.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Ally,

I'm sorry it came back and I understand the need to just curl up and cry. I cried many tears going through pgad. :(

Are you finished with the medication yet? Maybe you could try getting a referral to a pelvic floor physical therapist for an evaluation.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
dreamsooz

Post by dreamsooz »

Hi Violet,

I'm seeing my doctor next week so i'll ask for that. Since my period ended it's almost gone but I think it's because of my mild IC. Maybe a week or two before it started, I started drinking almost everyday diet coke and I think it triggered my IC. Period also make IC flare up bad so maybe that's why it was worse during mine. I'm following the IC diet for now so it can go back into remission and PGAD should leave with the flare !

I went back to the gym and took out my bike since it's starting to feel like summer where I live, I also had a good sexual experience with my boyfriend (I was scared to try because of the PGAD but it went great and the feeling was absent !) so i'm positive everything will be alright.

Thank you for being such a nice person to a stranger
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Glad to hear it has calmed down. Wishing you better days ahead. ;)

Violet
Krl410

Post by Krl410 »

What has everyone's experience been with nerve blocks? I feel 'okay' compared to when I first developed this a few years ago. I felt 95% better for a solid year and a half and now I seem to be getting these symptoms on and off(mostly arousal, slight pain). I'm on gabapentin and I believe that's why I've felt pretty good for the past few years. My doctor suggested trying physical therapy again and if that doesn't work we can either up the dosage of gabapentin or try nerve blocks.
As everyone knows, it's so discouraging to have these symptoms. So I'm just look for everyone's advice/thoughts. Thanks.

Also, has anyone associated bowel movements to triggering these symptoms?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Nerve blocks helped my symptoms a bit for a few hours. There may be people who have gotten significant long term relief from nerve blocks -- I just haven't met very many of them over 12 years of moderating the forum.

In answer to your question about bowel movements triggering symptoms the answer is "yes" for me, and other people I have known say the same thing.

Violet
Krl410

Post by Krl410 »

Anyone else feel crazy when it comes to these symptoms? I know deep down I'm not, mainly because of these forums and finally finding a good doctor. but I often wonder if it's all in my head and what's wrong with me.
Ray P.

Post by Ray P. »

There is nothing wrong with you mentally, good luck.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”