Dr. Hibner Contact Information

Botox, Nerve blocks, Transgluteal decompression surgery
Goldenturtle

Re: Dr. Hibner Contact Information

Post by Goldenturtle »

My name is Richard and I'm a patient of Dr. Hibner. The hospital has me listed for an August pudendal nerve decompression surgery date with him. I called the hospital the other day just to see whether they were now doing pudendal nerve decompression elective surgeries and was shocked to find out that he is no longer associated with dignity health. When I tried to ask for more information they were very cryptic. So I have no idea what's going on or why Dr Hibner left the hospital. Furthermore I don't know what my status is now, even though they've done multiple procedures on me at the hospital, I'm a man and was only allowed to continue seeing Dr. Hibner to begin with because I was an existing patient before they changed the rule allowing him to no longer see men. The only other person there who does the surgery is Dr. Castellanos. I don't know if he's taking Dr Hibner's patients or what the story is there. I live in California and had to fly out to see Dr. Hibner in February just to keep my status with him as an existing patient. If anyone has any information on what's going on with Dr. Hibner, I greatly appreciate knowing it. Even an email address to contact him would be helpful.
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

Richard,

I am sorry you are dealing with uncertainty over your procedure. It seems that Dr. Hibner’s departure was sudden. I have heard he is in the process of setting up another practice, but am not aware of where and when that may be. I saw Dr. Hibner years ago and, although I have no upcoming appointments with him, I hope that his current and past patients at some point are given more information.

Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
Beverly

Post by Beverly »

Dr. Hibner can be reached at mhibnermd@icloud.com
April

Post by April »

Thanks, Beverly. Has he set up his own practice or moved to another hospital? If so, do you have any info on that?

April
riemann

Post by riemann »

Any update on where Dr. Hibner is located now? and does he accept male patients?
Mmk

Post by Mmk »

Does anyone know if Dr Hibner has his new practice set up and contact information? Thank you
JD47

Post by JD47 »

Does anybody know what happened to Dr. Hibner ?
Goldenturtle

Post by Goldenturtle »

Dr Hibner has his own practice in Scottsdale Arizona now. I just saw him as a patient two days ago.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Goldenturtle, do you know the best way to contact him now? Is there an office phone number?

I think this means he is taking male patients now, is that correct?

Thanks,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Update on Dr. Hibner:

Arizona Center for Chronic Pelvic Pain

Dr. Michael Hibner is a board certified, fellowship trained surgeon who uses a transgluteal approach, as well as a laparscopic approach with the DaVinci Surgical Robot. As of March 2023, Dr. Hibner has performed close to 400 transgluteal surgeries. He sees both male and female patients and he employs a physical therapist in his private practice in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Dr. Hibner is a strong believer in conservative treatment in patients with pudendal neuralgia and pudendal nerve entrapment. Conservative treatments include physical therapy, nerve blocks, and especially Botox to pelvic floor muscles.

Dr. Hibner is using several innovative treatments that he was not able to use in his previous practice. One of them is injecting AmnioFix (which is the product of amniotic membrane cells) next to the pudendal nerve. He believes this helps with regeneration of the nerve most likely by recruiting patients’ own stem cells to the area of the injury. He estimates that 50% of patients may benefit from the treatment.

Another innovative option is to place an On-Q pain pump to the pudendal nerve using a CT scanner and dripping local anesthetic on the nerve for 2 to 3 weeks to desensitize the nerve. This pump is something that has been used after pudendal nerve decompression surgeries since 2005, but Dr. Hibner is working with the radiologist, Dr. Andrew Duarte, who has figured out how to place the same pump under a CT scanner to the pudendal nerve. So now the pump can be used without doing the surgery to see if blocking the nerve for a prolonged time will reverse the pudendal pain. From January to March of 2023, they have placed the On-Q pain pump in over 20 patients with very good results. Another option is to perform transgluteal surgery for the pudendal nerve and use AmnioFix nerve wrap which contains fetal cells for nerve regeneration as well as the On-Q pain pump for the central sensitization pain, which Dr. Hibner believes speeds up the recovery from surgery. He also performs decompression of other nerves such as obturator, ilioinguinal and other pelvic nerves.

Decompression of the obturator nerve with the DaVinci robot is very effective especially in patients who were injured by pelvic mesh. Another big part of his practice, which is not strictly pudendal neuralgia but closely related, are patients who were injured by pelvic mesh. He sees many women who underwent surgery for prolapse or incontinence using polypropylene mesh and developed severe neuropathic pain after the mesh placement. In those patients he removes the mesh completely, including the anchors, and if the pain is not relieved, later he proceeds to decompress either the pudendal nerve or the obturator nerve, or both. Dr. Hibner sees many patients with persistent genital arousal disorder (PGAD). Treatment may include clitoral nerve blocks, perineal nerve blocks, and sclerotization of engorged vessels that may travel with those nerves. He is trained in surgery to selectively sever the clitoral and perineal nerves, although he feels that selective nerve blocks may be more effective; therefore, he rarely performs surgery to sever those nerves. Dr. Hibner will be traveling to Warsaw, Poland several times a year to perform pudendal nerve decompressions surgeries with Dr. Sylwia and Piotr Marianowski.

Contact Information for Dr. Hibner:
Arizona Center for Chronic Pelvic Pain
(+1)-480-599-9682
(+1)-480-599-9631
10277 N. 92nd Street, Suite 101 Scottsdale, AZ 85258
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “Dr Hibner - Arizona”