post op physio

List of Physiotherapists Worldwide; Techniques & Education to educate Physio's who are not PN aware, etc
Violet M

Re: post op physio

Post by Violet M »

Molly, you can read a description of electrode placement that worked for me for the obturator internus and piriformis.

http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... =32&t=4015
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
wannagetbetter

Violet - piriformis after PNE surgery Re: post op physio

Post by wannagetbetter »

Violet - Earlier in this thread you wrote:

"I wasn't able to tolerate PT until about a year after surgery but I think most PNE docs would advise having it sooner than that. I found it somewhat helpful -- especially in relieving the piriformis pain that had developed as a result of PNE. They showed me how to use a TENS unit for piriformis pain and obturator internus pain and if was very effective."

My question is what was it about the PNE that caused piriformis pain to develop?
Violet M

Re: Violet - piriformis after PNE surgery Re: post op physio

Post by Violet M »

wannagetbetter wrote:My question is what was it about the PNE that caused piriformis pain to develop?
I can't say for sure but it just seemed like more muscles went into spasm as the PNE pain progressed and then as the PNE pain subsided after surgery the muscles slowly relaxed again. I don't think I can described the mechanism of how it happened -- just that it did.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Simon94

Post by Simon94 »

Yes indeed
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

What's your story, Simon?
Westbluu

Post by Westbluu »

molly wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:51 am I am now five months post op after decompression surgery with Dr Tibet.

In the last couple of weeks I have started to feel a slight improvement, fingers crossed that it lasts.

I am going to have a few physio sessions wit a good pn aware physio, and Iwas wondering if anybody who has been down this route, could tell me what they found helpful or unhelpful.

Having made a small amount of improvement I am very wary of not going backwards.

Thanks for any help.

Molly
Hello, how were you after the surgery? Many years have passed, have you been able to get well?

Return to “PHYSIOTHERAPY”