Neurostimulation/Cortisone

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
Ray P.

Neurostimulation/Cortisone

Post by Ray P. »

I just went to a new pain management doctor today, Michael Yang.
He said he has only 3 options for me.
One is a special topical compound; the next is a cortisone shot in lower back. I never heard of it being down in that area.
He says he has cured people with PNE with this shot. I told him I never heard that.
I said no because of the bad experience I had with a cortisone shot in my perineum.
The third is a Neurostimulator implanted in my back.

My questions are;
Has anyone had success with neurostimulation?
Has anyone had success with cortisone shot in back?

Thanks, Ray
janetm2

Re: Neurostimulation/Cortisone

Post by janetm2 »

Hi Ray,
I had shots in my Sacroilliac (SI) Joints but not sure if they were cortisone. However they helped with the low back (SIJD) pain not the PN (I had PNE decompression surgery then got SIJD and I think have residual PN at this point). From what has been posted PNE is only solved with surgery, so I would be a bit skeptical of his statement. Good luck.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Ray, I'm not sure exactly what type of injection he is talking about. You probably want to get more information before you make a decision. If it is an epidural or caudal injection with steroids you may want to first read and consider a recently published article on the risks involved. http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... =23&t=5168

Take care,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Raynor

Post by Raynor »

Cortisone shots did nothing for my husband. I would also be interested in results of neurostimulation for PNE. Husband had surgery in Houston on 9/11 with minimal improvement so far. Both sides were entrapped.
helen1000

Post by helen1000 »

Hello,

I had co6rtisone shots to my L1-sacrum area, SI joints, Posterior Femoral Cutenious nerve, Pudendal nerve. If area was related to one of my pains I had 6 better weeks. And then everything back. Injections themselves are not easy to tolerate.

Physical Therapy for disc herniation also had zero effect. Strictly internal PT too.

What changed situation but I still cannot sit is PT of SI joints that used muscle energy technique to adjust pelvis in symmetric position, SI belt, Prolotherpy. Again I do not know whether or not it will help to the degree that I will be able to sit.

Good luck,

Helen
8 nerve blocks rel 6 w.Met Dr. Peters,Dr. Antolack.Dr. Peters pacemaker,Dr Antolack TG operation.Maigne s.Internal PT at Dr Peters Nothing.PFCN block rel 6 w. PFCN RFA.Nothing.SI joint RFA.Nothing.Left scar tissue removal.Good.SIJD. PT of SI joint ME, and Prolo of SI and PS.Lumbar spine facets turned left. ME. T10-12 facets too wide.T10 turned left.ME and Prolo.Labral tears in left hip, spurs.Will have operation at 09/18/13,Met with Dr Conway.EMG shows left PN problem.Good impression of Dr C.

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”