Help when lying down

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
neopeius

Help when lying down

Post by neopeius »

I have found that, when lying on my side, putting a pillow between my knees/thighs to keep the legs from pressing against each other is quite helpful. Just a tip.
bikelover

Re: Help when lying down

Post by bikelover »

My personal experience, any sitting that puts pressure on the area between your sit bones triggers the pain. Cushions with a hole in the middle help me sit without much pain for some time (while driving to work for ex), but not for a prolonged amount of it (in ex, going to the movies).
Diana10

Re: Help when lying down

Post by Diana10 »

I have been only able to lye down on Rt side for 12 years,I agree a pillow helps but need to keep weight off thighs( no
Donuts). I have found the less pliable the best.
I am still trying to find a comfortable way to sleep/and take my breaks lying down. I have spend at least 18 hours a day
Standing on my feet,Working arou d house,walking dog, cleaning and anything I can do standing still ocking back and forth. i had best luck with cheap 5"mattress',left with some give to it and two levels of temperteutic 4" toppers. This was grate until. They changed the density of foam AFTER I bought and used 4 more. Nothing on box About it. It is all to thin
Now regRdless of inches it says.
oh,I made a hole in center for buttocks and would get ready to be in place,soon after sleeping Nd pain meds. Made it
Half night and back to Rt side for the remaining night. I am working now with long body pillow on my lt side,after 12
Years off it. it is a little difficult as have IC and pushes on bladder!!!!!

Any new ideas would be helpful. my husband wAnts to try a suspension deal!!!!??help!!!!
Love and prayers or all you traveling in the same boat.dianA

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”