Amniotic fluid injections

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
mesquite

Amniotic fluid injections

Post by mesquite »

Has anyone had success with amniotic fluid injections for PN pain? Dr. Hibner (and Radiology?) is doing it right now on patients at St. Joe's in Phoenix. I do not know how it is performed. I am waiting to hear about the results on his patients with chronic pain unresolved by surgery. If positive, i will try it. I'd like to know who else in the U.S. is offering this new treatment.
stephanies

Re: Amniotic fluid injections

Post by stephanies »

Dr. Hibner has injected several patients with these stem cells. Any information on if they have been successful for anyone ?
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
bikelover

Post by bikelover »

Gotta say that even if its not a success, the mere fact that Hibner keeps going at it with innovative treatments is worth to mention, even if there's been some criticism about his ideas by the other TG surgeons, and even if the results are not clear. This is just my personal opinion, I'm not in any way affiliated to the Doc, nor have I ever had communication with him...
Ray P.

Post by Ray P. »

I would like to hear more on the subject since 2 surgeries did not help.

ray
Laramarie

Post by Laramarie »

I didn't have the injections but I was Hibner's 2nd patient to have my nerve wrapped in amniotic fluid stem cells infused into the neurowrap. I am 6 months post op.... No real improvement yet. Actually just returned from post op nerve blocks.
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

I agree that it is good that Dr. Hibner keeps looking for new ways to help. Apparently other doctors have found these injections helpful for other nerves in the body. Dr. Hibner mentioned about a month ago that he had done them on a few patients, one was deemed unsuccessful, and he was waiting to see about the others. I was curious if any of the people who had the injections reported pain reduction.

Laramarie, I am sorry you have not seen improvement as of yet. Hopefully you will very soon.

Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
Laramarie

Post by Laramarie »

Thank you Stephanies.... It's so difficult right now. Maybe I should have asked Dr H about the amniotic injections when I was there last week? The radiologist had a very difficult time getting the needle into my pudendal nerve during the block.... He said he could see that my nerve was positioned "way out of line and had a lot of scar tissue".... Has anyone heard of this at 6 months post op and can you really see scar tissue on a CT scan??? I have so much pain in this area. Hibner says it is all muscle spasm. Help from anyone would be appreciated!

Lara
Ray P.

Post by Ray P. »

If it is all muscle spasm, what did he suggest for that. I am never sure if my pain is
muscle spasm or nerve pain. Nobody ever gives me that answer.

Ray
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

I feel the same way, Ray, and I don't know how to figure it out for sure.
Laramarie

Post by Laramarie »

Dr Hibner said to try a new PN aware Physio, even though he said my problem was caused by a very aggressive PT at 8 weeks post op! Loretta gave me very specific instructions to tell my new PT and asked for her to correspond by email regularly. I also have to use the baclofen/Valium suppositories 2x a day. That's what I was told to do for muscle spasms..... I really hope this works.

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”