pulsed radiofrequency neuromodulation

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
chrissy

pulsed radiofrequency neuromodulation

Post by chrissy »

Hello
It has been suggested that after the nerve block I have had today that I undergo a programme of physio and psycho counselling to stabilise my pelvis and help my brain block pain messages
If this doesn't work the above has been recommended.
Has anyone heard of this? Apparently it is NOT radiofrequency the pulsed bit is important!
Do we know anyone who has had results good or bad.
I know I fit all five of the nantes criteria and wonder whether to just sod it and go for surgery.
Dr thinks this is bad idea as pelvis is already unstable and cutting ligaments may make matters worse but I know that my doc never recommends surgery anyway.... (baranowski)
Searching

Re: pulsed radiofrequency neuromodulation

Post by Searching »

chrissy wrote:Hello
It has been suggested that after the nerve block I have had today that I undergo a programme of physio and psycho counselling to stabilise my pelvis and help my brain block pain messages
If this doesn't work the above has been recommended.
Has anyone heard of this? Apparently it is NOT radiofrequency the pulsed bit is important!
Do we know anyone who has had results good or bad.
I know I fit all five of the nantes criteria and wonder whether to just sod it and go for surgery.
Dr thinks this is bad idea as pelvis is already unstable and cutting ligaments may make matters worse but I know that my doc never recommends surgery anyway.... (baranowski)
Hi, you replied to my thread, just thought I'd reply to yours! It sounds like we're at the same stages with Dr B. Had 1st nerve block in Jan then another in Feb. I was also told that the "pulsed" bit is important. Have also been referred for physio and "pain psychology"... Are you seeing Dr Jannie?

What are the "Nantes Criteria"?
chrissy

Post by chrissy »

Yes I have been referred for PT and pain psychology too! Trying to get to see someone up north though. Are you confident in the suggested treatment? Funny we both have same treatment plan...
Did you have an mri done?
Would you ever consider surgery?
Nantes criteria are 5 criteria that they use to diagnose pne and therefore treat it usually with decompression surgery.
Searching

Post by Searching »

chrissy wrote:Yes I have been referred for PT and pain psychology too! Trying to get to see someone up north though. Are you confident in the suggested treatment? Funny we both have same treatment plan...
Did you have an mri done?
Would you ever consider surgery?
Nantes criteria are 5 criteria that they use to diagnose pne and therefore treat it usually with decompression surgery.
To me it felt like Dr B had a standard treatment plan for everyone, sounds like he does 2 nerve blocks then PRN... When I see him it doesn't feel particularly "consultative". I haven't really thought about surgery, was hoping it wouldn't come to that, I understand it's pretty invasive and not guaranteed to give results...

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”