TENS machine?

Accupuncture, Reiki, Cognitive Behavourial Therapy, Prolotheraphy, Radio Frequency, Hypnotherapy, Osteopathy and many more.
Positivepoppy

TENS machine?

Post by Positivepoppy »

Hi
Has anyone used a TENS machine to help with PNE especially after having nerve decompression surgery? I have read conflicting reports that it can sometimes hinder progress as it confuses the nerves and they don't regenerate properly but I really have no idea
If anyone has used this to help ease pain and its worked would really appreciate you getting in touch.
Thanks in advance
bikelover

Re: TENS machine?

Post by bikelover »

Don't have experience with surgery, but I use Tens machine often. It doesn't do much, but helps mask the pain for a little while. I still use it though, as a massage/relaxing device.
Positivepoppy

Post by Positivepoppy »

Thank you for response I'm having my first PT SESSION this Fri so I will ask the physio
Thanks
deBBieW

Post by deBBieW »

Hi Poppy,
My pelvic floor PT feels an IF machine is better - so here is another option if the TENS doesn't help. Tens didn't help me either, and the IF was a good distraction to the pain. The model I used was a combo Tens and IF - you can read all about it at OTC Wholesale. This one was about $80 USD.

"InTENSity IF Combo Dual Channel TENS Unit and IF Unit with AC Adapter - Model DI4738"

Just another option maybe.

Debbie
Vag pain, leg burning 3/11, SIJ inj 7/11, Pelvic PT, Chiro/acupuncture,
2-CT pudendal blks 11/2012, did help, less deep vag pain
Potter MRI 04/2012 - Scar tissue/thickening at SS/ST, scar in Alcock canal -bilateral,
Hibner 6/12 suggests Botox (didnt do), 8/12 more pelvic PT w/ dry needling
Gabapentin 1800 mg, Lyrica 200 mg, 5mg valium, vicodin as needed
Trying to get rid of central sensitization burning pain in my legs, Valium seems to be helping
Looking into more mindfulness options. . . . .
Positivepoppy

Post by Positivepoppy »

Huge thanks for recommendation,it really is trial and error and learning from others that sadly are suffering but can share their experiences. Thanks and take care
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

I used a TENS machine at about a year post-op to relieve obturator internus and piriformis muscle spasms that still lingered. It worked very well without causing nerve flare-ups but there is no way I could have done this before surgery.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
kida

Post by kida »

Where do you place the pads for PN?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

It depends on which muscles are in spasm. For obturator internus and piriformis you can read my post at the following link:

http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... =36&t=5266
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “OTHER THERAPIES”