The Journey of a child

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
mom

Re: The Journey of a child

Post by mom »

Violet ,

We learned of allergies through process of elimination. We had a nutritionist come and help us with foods . The Aspertame was immediate. We now keep activated charcoal on hand for accidental ingestion .

We use citrate blend magnesium 1000mg a day .
We are starting track and doing gymnastics ( this is a miracle )
She is prob more sore the next day than most kids but we are working on strengthening core and keeping leg muscles loose ...
Delicate process ! Lol

Nyt , nice to hear from you . Yes red dye should be addressed and acknowledged by Drs ! :)

Prayers for you all
Mom
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

That's exciting that she is able to start in some sports. I hope all goes well for you and your daughter!

Violet
Last edited by Violet M on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
mom

Post by mom »

Happy New Year!

We are praying for all who are walking this journey. May you find hope and paths that lead to health .
We walked this hard road for 7 miserable years . Learning that we were exposed to neurological irritants . ( aspartame, etc) we found MUCH help in healing when we began Magnesium.
Continued prayer for you all .
Thank you for walking beside us as we walked this scary road .
Mom
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Mom,

Just wondering why you feel magnesium is what helped. Do you think it's because it relieved constipation, relaxed muscles, or just that she was missing that nutritional piece of the puzzle?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
mom

Post by mom »

Hello there ,

It has been a while .
Violet , to answer your question I think mag has helped mostly bc it has relaxed the muscles and kept her BMs regular.
We have had 3 1/2 years of normalcy. Through clean eating supplements.

We got lax on foods and after having the flu in December began to have severe tummy pain again . This time with vomiting intermittent. ( remember we had inflammation that looked like it was caused by celiac at about age 6)
So our same GI wanted to do another scope . We went in for routine procedure and DISASTER

My daughter had MAJOR problems coming out of anesthesia. She quit breathing 100 times . They bagged her and worked on her for an hour and 15 minutes . She is good. But guess what ? All symptoms back !
As I have reflected and as I sat with her in the hospital last week , I recalled what I now believe to be a significant piece of our puzzle that I had never considered before .

When all of her symptoms came out of no where at age 4 I had possibly attributed it to a swim suit that was to small . But sitting there thinking of everything recently I recalled she had had some dental work done around the same time and had conscious sedation . I recalled this bc after her reaction to this latest anesthesia and her reoccurrence of symptoms that we had 97 percent under control I also reflected on a root canal she had done about 3 months ago. She nitric oxide. She began to act weird and her eyes started to dialate, she kept clenching her jaw and had shallow breathing . It bothered me enough that I asked them to turn off the gas and give her more oxygen.
They turned it off and she began to present more normal to me .

After her Gi before she quit breathing she started clenching her jaw , and her eyes this time fully dialated.
Her body postures as if she was seizing , however neurology was bedside ( as was a team of drs ) and her eyes were responsive to light even though they were dialated. So they said this could not be a siezure .

Long story short I think there is a connection for us .
Peripheral neuropathy! From anesthesia or gas ...

We will be back to genetics after this latest episode and hopefully back to neurologist.
There is a NERVE biopsy that can be done with out sedation :) in the ankle . This biopsy tells the drs how much inflammation is affecting the nerves ( thus indicating nerve damage )

We have doubled mag , added B6, b 12 and folic acid per dr recommendation. ( these help with nerve healing )

I share this bc I never would have associated dental sedation ( laughing gas ) with nerve damage
And further anesthesia that would cause perphial neuropathy.

Ask your Drs about a nerve biopsy . Think about anesthesia and dental work .

We are continuing to pursue health and healing .
Thinking about and praying for breakthrough for all of you

Mom
nyt

Post by nyt »

What an absolutely scary experience your family went through. I can't even imagine.

Your daughter and you will continue to be in my prayers as you figure out what is going on.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Wow, that must have been incredibly scary! I am so glad your daughter came through the procedure OK but it is really unfortunate the symptoms are back. So if it turns out she has peripheral neuropathy from the anesthesia hopefully she will recover again like she did last time. I think you are on to something with healthy eating because healthy gut biome is so important to overall health.

Violet

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”