Inversion Chair

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
EMLR

Inversion Chair

Post by EMLR »

I may be grasping at straws here, but have been considering purchasing an inversion chair (not a table) that goes to a 70 degree incline. Here is a link on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Health-Mark-IV186 ... B000BNKYB6

It feels like my body and spasming muscles need slow gentle stretches, not getting massaged and not doing PT stretches because they all aggravate my pain.

Has anyone tried inversion or have pros and cons to share?

Thanks.
kathyd

Re: Inversion Chair

Post by kathyd »

Hi,
to reply to your question, we don't have the chair you are referring to, but we do have an inversion table. My husband has some back pain occasionally and he loves to go on the inversion table. It helps him very much.
He feels that the inversion table could help my pPN pain as well.
I have IC/pelvic floor-bad urge to pee and severe butt/ anal rectal throbbing..Can't sit at all. Standing hurts as soon after I begin my day.
lying down is comfy on some surfaces like my temperpedic bed..

My husband would like me to give the inversiin table a try..
I did try it a few years back when my sit pain was only mild..
Back then I had some neck pain and lying on the table seemed to aggravate my neck more .
It felt like the weight of my body was on my neck...I was scared of worsening neck pain so I never gave the table a real try.
My neck pain cleared up over time, and hubby often mentions trying the inversion table to me.
I don't have back problems. He has mentioned the inversion table to doctors as well, but they made no comment either way.
Anyone find an inversion table helpful in PN pain?
Thx!

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”