Male Pudendal Nerve Entrapment Diary...

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
Andy_Pablo

Re: Male Pudendal Nerve Entrapment Diary...

Post by Andy_Pablo »

Still hasnt settled. Losing hope.
Credula vitam spes fovet et melius cras fore semper dicit...
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Andy, sorry to hear things aren't going well for you. Amanda is the expert on how to get help through the NHS. Maybe you can PM her for advice on that. It sounds like your local docs aren't able to help you much. :(

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
amera.ali

Post by amera.ali »

So sorry to hear that Andy, I have got my date on September 30th. I am so nervous that it's going to get extremely worse..if it stayed the same I'd be gutted but inwould know at least I've tried everything...but if it gets worse I really don't know...

What exercises should you do and at what times....so worried about instability.

When can you drive again as I have 2 children
Andy_Pablo

Post by Andy_Pablo »

Tbh, I have been given no advice regarding excercise... I was given a generic pamphlet & advised to be active, but don't be too active. I personally stopped myself driving as my pain was a distraction & I couldn't concentrate on the road. I don't regret the surgery as like you have said yourself, at least we gave it a good go... I wish you luck with your surgery sir...
amera.ali

Post by amera.ali »

I am.just so nervous....is the pain bearable and how was the after care from Dr Dixon. Were you able to climb stairs I have a flight of stairs to my bedroom
amera.ali

Post by amera.ali »

I am.just so nervous....is the pain bearable and how was the after care from Dr Dixon. Were you able to climb stairs I have a flight of stairs to my bedroom
Andy_Pablo

Post by Andy_Pablo »

Its natural to be feeling nervous. I was exactly the same. I will not lie to you, life after surgery has been difficult. I am hoping that things improve over next 12 months or so. Surgery after care was not great if I am honest. I had no information on the "do's & dont's" & no help with physiotherapy. Stair climbing was very difficult, especially early on, so it was something I tried to avoid. I think the surgery has made slight improvements. I do now get very brief moments of respite (which I treasure) & it had a positive effect on any erectile disfunction. Its not enough to get my life back yet, but its marginally better thirteen months after surgery. There is still hope, so use that hope as your motivation too. Good luck.
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

There were recovery guidelines before but the doctors seem to stop using them. Mostly take it real slow and if some thing stop doing it. One thing I remember for stairs is to go upwards leading with your good foot (I had left TG surgery so my good foot/side is my right). Take one stair at a time to limit stretching and weight/impact. Thhis takes longer to bring your foot up a stair then bring the other up on the same stair but it still helps me if I am using more than couple stairs. Reverse the feet for going down stairs, bad first. Wishing you good luck.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Andy_Pablo

Post by Andy_Pablo »

While asking my old boss about a job for a friend of mine today, my boss asked me when Im coming back. I had to quit my job nearly three years ago & they still want me to return. It is so frustrating to be given the opportunity to have a life again, only for that opportunity to be snatched away by fates twisted sense of humour. I am not sure whether to be happy that they still value me, or depressed that I cant return. The catch twenty two of my life. There is a strange numbness & resignation to these repeated knock backs. I miss my job. I miss my life...
Patty

Post by Patty »

Is there a chance you could work maybe 3 hours per day? Just to feel human again. When I was on FMLA due to PN feeling like I was loosing my independence was the worst. Hated every minute of it.

Return to “UK & IRELAND”