Well... What next?

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
ezer

Re: Well... What next?

Post by ezer »

travelisdangerous wrote:Also it doesn't matter if its bacterial or non-bacterial prostatitis, I did a test and there was no inflammation or anything else wrong with my prostate, which rules this out entirely.
That is ridiculous. Non-bacterial prostatitis is not detectable. Non-bacterial prostatitis rarely involves the prostate despite the name.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/4 ... verview#a5
Of all men evaluated for prostatitis, only 5-10% actually have a true bacteriologic condition as evidenced by a positive urine culture. A negative result after routine urine culture is the reason the syndrome is referred to as nonbacterial prostatitis.
No doctors have told me there is 'nothing wrong' they tell me there is nothing wrong from the tests they have done.
And maybe the tests they ran were adequate and they are right. There is nothing wrong with you.
Also I don't see what you're trying to prove with those links to my earlier posts.
Well, Violet said that you were not obsessed with PN and I was wrong. To the contrary I think it shows a bit of fixation on that pathology (OCD?).
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
travelisdangerous

Post by travelisdangerous »

Yeah ezer you're right there is nothing wrong with me, I voluntarily pissed myself a bit tonight
ezer

Post by ezer »

I think you are ignoring the obvious travelisdangerous. Go look at the non-bacterial prostatitis sites and you will realize that your story is very common: panicking over a sexual encounter. Fear of STDs. Guilt. Obsessive thoughts. => pelvic floor tension, voiding problems**, pain. It is an unconscious process BTW.

PN after sex? Please! Let's be serious.

**the urethra goes through the prostate, it easily explains voiding, dribble problems.
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
travelisdangerous

Post by travelisdangerous »

felt some pain at the time and I felt there was some trauma, whether this would has caused pn is been a factor in bringing out the pn, it definitely had something to do with it as I was completely healthy before that point.

I've seen other people on here that seemed to get pn from normal sexual experiences.

All negative feelings I had after the encounter revolved around the urological symptoms I was having, there were no negative emotions before that. I also haven't felt particularly worried about this for months, yet my symptoms stayed the same. My neurologist has even said a lot of my symptoms seem nerve related.

There's no point in debating when it comes to psychological aspects bringing it on because you could argue forever over something subjective. All I know is what I'm experiencing is very real
ezer

Post by ezer »

All I know is what I'm experiencing is very real
Because people having non-bacterial prostatitis are faking their pain?
I've seen other people on here that seemed to get pn from normal sexual experiences.
That is what they claim. Just like you.

Listen you have self-diagnosed yourself with PN and you are trying to find a doctor that agrees with you. If you consult with enough doctors, you will eventually find somebody that agrees. And then what?
FFSeth

Post by FFSeth »

Travel, pn is exceedingly rare. I think it's great that you have maintained a good quality of life. That is important. I don't think you got pn from a sexual encounter. I recognize you have nerve like symptoms but going down the pudendal nerve route will just exacerbate any anxiety you have over this. Most of chronic non bacterial prostatitis has nothing to do with the prostate. It's just a garbage diagnosis urologists use. There are really no solid tests to tell if you have pn. my suggestion would be to continue doing what you are doing. Get on with life and this will eventually go away. If you want to pursue further diagnostics have someone check your pelvic floor muscles. But again treaent for that is not super promising. Hang in there and please don't start going down the pudendal nerve route

Seth
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

TIS, sometimes you just have to follow your own instincts when you are getting conflicting views from doctors, family and friends. I don't know for sure what your diagnosis is and I don't think anyone can tell you with any certainty that if you just ignore it that it will go away. You may be one of those lucky people who can do something like the mindbody approach and get well. You have a lot of options but I can't say which is the best for you and really no one on this forum can.
ezer wrote:Why the fixation on PNE?

TIS, keep in mind there is a difference between PNE and PN. In your post you wondered if you might have a diagnosis of PN. Maybe Ezer forgot that PN refers to pudendal neuralgia while PNE refers to pudendal neuralgia caused by a nerve entrapment, because he appears to be using those two terms interchangeably. But I just wanted to apologize for the insinuation that was made that you are being OCD about your diagnosis. It's hard not to be when you are experiencing incontinence, right?

According to this government website http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency ... 001407.htm

" Neuralgia is a sharp, shocking pain that follows the path of a nerve and is due to irritation or damage to the nerve."

Symptoms

Increased sensitivity of the skin along the path of the damaged nerve, so that any touch or pressure is felt as pain
Pain along the path of the nerve that is sharp or stabbing, in the same location each episode, comes and goes (intermittent) or is constant and burning, and may get worse when the area is moved
Weakness or complete paralysis of muscles supplied by the same nerve "

The pudendal nerve innervates the bladder sphincter so in my mind, it would be something to consider if you are experiencing urine incontinence.

If a person has neuralgia, it can be difficult to figure out what is causing it. That is the real challenge when it comes to pudendal neuralgia. So, I don't know what your diagnosis is and I can't tell you what your next step should be but you sound like a smart guy and I'm sure you will figure out what route is best for you. You may have seen the flyer on the home page at http://www.pudendalhope.info/ that lists a lot of the options. Several more recent options have come up since that flyer was posted including electroshock wave therapy, the mindbody approach, and restorative exercise. You can do a search in the search bar to read more about them. There is no one size fits all treatment approach when it comes to chronic pelvic pain. I wish we could say, "do this and you will be cured" but it's not quite that simple.

All the best,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Chadp13

Post by Chadp13 »

ezer wrote:
travelisdangerous wrote:Also it doesn't matter if its bacterial or non-bacterial prostatitis, I did a test and there was no inflammation or anything else wrong with my prostate, which rules this out entirely.
That is ridiculous. Non-bacterial prostatitis is not detectable. Non-bacterial prostatitis rarely involves the prostate despite the name.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/4 ... verview#a5
Of all men evaluated for prostatitis, only 5-10% actually have a true bacteriologic condition as evidenced by a positive urine culture. A negative result after routine urine culture is the reason the syndrome is referred to as nonbacterial prostatitis.
No doctors have told me there is 'nothing wrong' they tell me there is nothing wrong from the tests they have done.
And maybe the tests they ran were adequate and they are right. There is nothing wrong with you.
Also I don't see what you're trying to prove with those links to my earlier posts.
Well, Violet said that you were not obsessed with PN and I was wrong. To the contrary I think it shows a bit of fixation on that pathology (OCD?).
Isn't it odd there were two "failed" surgeries that were performed, yet this individual got better some years later just by wishing it away?

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”