Mona Lisa Touch Laser

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
jaxi123

Mona Lisa Touch Laser

Post by jaxi123 »

Has anyone tried this laser?
nyt

Re: Mona Lisa Touch Laser

Post by nyt »

I do not know anything about the Mona Lisa Touch Laser. I have used both type III and type IV cold laser therapies and it has been very helpful for my piriformis syndrome. Dr. Howard recommended it to me and I found a chiropractor who had a class III laser and they then purchased a class IV laser. It has allowed me to go longer between my piriformis trigger points injections. Cold laser therapy has been used in veterinarian medicine especially on race horses with tendinitis type problems for a long time. Insurance companies will not pay for it as it is considered experimental in humans. Interesting to me because they pay for ultrasound treatments and cold laser therapy can go deeper into the muscle than ultrasound.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
mesquite

Post by mesquite »

Yes, I have had one session so far for vaginal pain upon intercourse. You have 3 treatments of the cold laser, and each is 6 weeks apart. You can read about it on the Internet. Only 2 doctors in Phoenix area are offering it right now. Each treatment lasts 5 minutes. I have felt a slight positive difference so far but it has only slightly affected the vaginal burning pain that I get frequently. Still, it is early in the process. It is very expensive and insurance does not pay for any of it.
papaya

Post by papaya »

Just had my first Mona Lisa - I do have PN but also post menopausal vaginal dryness. Hoping this would help the dryness part of the pain complex. It's 5 days out and I have been having moderate interior pain (vaginal) and exterior pain (vulvar) - more than before I had the Mona lisa. I think it is because the wand/touch flared my PN. It is odd, though, because it MAY have helped the skin/mucosal issue, but the nerve pain is increased. So the verdict is still out for me.

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”